The Binghamton Devils are seeking a media and community relations intern (September 2019 - May 2020) to assist in the media and community relations department and support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting a commitment and ownership to our community. The Communications Department is responsible for fostering relationships between the Binghamton Devils and the community, in the Arena and off-site. This role is ideal for those current local college students looking to gain more experience in a professional sports environment. There is one (1) position available and this will run 25-40 hours per week.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO SALARY OR STIPEND WITH THIS POSITION.
- Assist with the execution of community appearances involving players and/or mascot.
- Assist with planning, coordination, implementation and execution of of special events
- Assist with Arena tours.
- Assist with the team’s social media accounts during all community appearances (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat).
- Work with graphics/marketing to create promotional materials to bring on all community appearances.
- Assist in managing game night media table; distributing credentials.
- Help manage team’s social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat.
- Maintaining working relationships with all local and regional media outlets.
- Coordinate and write content/goals for game night recap press release and postgame updating of player bios/game notes.
- Assist in managing press box for ALL Devils home games.
- Scoresheet distribution to all press box members & locker rooms during intermissions and post-game.
- Assist in any working media requests during games.
- Oversee team photography and uploading of game photos during the game.
- Research of team, players, history, etc.
- Work ALL Binghamton Devils’ home games during the 2018-19 season from October until mid-April and playoffs if necessary.
- Knowledge of all social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat. Have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, most importantly Photoshop
- Must be a high school or college student working towards a career in media relations/public relations. If in college, must be earning college credit for internship. If not local a student, willing to relocate at own expense and find housing.
- Ability to professionally interact with and relate to fans.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization and event management skills.
- Strengths in writing and editing are a plus.
- Be able to commit to various weekend events and have their own reliable transportation
- Must always project a professional attitude and appearance.
- Knowledgeable using social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat..
- Simple video editing: Clip a highlight of a goal and/or interviews of a player/coach post-game
- Take notes and assist in typing the post-game recap story.
Aside from the above stated duties, interns will be required to attend staff meetings and assist the front office staff whenever needed. Other duties could include: assisting with special events, theme night planning, customer service, answering phones, general office duties, and, if needed, playing the role of mascot.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.