ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES:
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organizations across the global sports and entertainment landscape. Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) in 2018, Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG) and Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018 and is spearheading the most prestigious new stadium and redevelopment projects nationwide ranging from NHL Seattle to the New York Islanders’ new Belmont Park Arena. Other current projects include; Inter Miami, MLS St. Louis, XFL, and the Oakland A’s.
The Director of Ticket Sales and Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Athletics ticket office for La Salle University, including the sale, processing, and reporting of season and single-game athletic events, while ensuring a high level of customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and oversee the Ticket Office, including ticket sales, implementation of ticket products and technology, inventory, database management.
- Coordinate ticket sales, operations and customer service for all ticketed events.
- Collaborate with the athletics marketing staff to generate effective ticketing strategies and promotions as well as the execution of all ticketing related elements on gameday.
- Understand and support the goals and objectives of La Salle University Athletics.
- Work to coordinate the distribution of student and player-complimentary tickets for men’s and women’s basketball games and other ticketed athletic events.
- Coordinate with ticketing provider and the La Salle IT Department for technical needs for ticket database.
- Coordinate with the Business Office for processing and reconciling financial statements, daily reconciliation of ticket sales, event audits, and reporting to NCAA and external auditing services, as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Build and maintain all game and ancillary ticketed events on necessary ticket platforms.
- Develop operations plan for handling all functions including invoicing of account holders, seat upgrades, allocations, transfers, payment plans, and other ticketing initiatives.
- Work with team sales leadership to develop scaling, inventory and allocation strategies to maximize season, group, and single game ticket sales.
- Serve as point of contact for all technology and ticketing related issues, needs, and development.
- Interface with ticketing provider on technology needs, troubleshooting and event building.
- Strategically manage ticket inventory and class assignments to optimize sales and service initiatives.
- Research issues/errors concerning printing, MyProVenue, mobile tickets and online purchases.
- Coordinate and manage box office on event days, including but not limited to:
- Provide training and direct supervision over part-time staff
- Handle on-site ticketing related issues: lost tickets, wheelchair exchanges, mobile ticketing issues, and seating issues.
- Will call and other customer service-related issues.
- Prospect, establish, research and close sales leads through cold-calling, appointments and networking.
- Meet or exceed weekly/monthly sales and prospecting goals.
- Effectively build relationships with current and prospective customers to maximize sales and provide excellent customer service.
- Develop innovative ideas to advance ticket sales strategies.
- Coordinate with third-party ticket vendors, including group ticket platforms, ticketing technologies, and sales solutions.
- Serve as liaison with Athletic Development for the Explorer Fund’s specified Athletics initiatives and special events.
- Student and volunteer staff
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Education/Training and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of ticket office operations experience.
- Proficiency with ticketing database technology.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to NCAA and member conference rules and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license and successful clearance of motor vehicle record check.
- Understanding of commitment to the mission of La Salle University.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Able to work long and flexible hours, including holidays, weekends, and all events as needed.
- Travel may be required during basketball season
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds (equipment)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.