Elevate is a full-service consulting firm that inspires high-performing organizations to find their limits and push past them. With expertise in brand consulting, sales strategy, data-driven insights, and talent optimization, Elevate gives its clients a competitive edge in the fight for people’s precious time and attention. Established in 2018, Elevate set out to help sports teams and leagues spark innovation and drive performance. In the years since, the world of sports has transformed, today standing at the convergence of media, entertainment, and consumer brands, with Elevate supporting some of the world’s most ambitious businesses across these sectors. Elevate’s proprietary technology, data sources, and software products combined with our thoughtful insights, and people-centric approach give clients a 360-degree view of their customers, underpinning intelligent decision-making on marketing spend, growth strategy, and more. Our team of 200+ employees spans the globe within 20 locations worldwide. We value recruiting diverse individuals to our team to bring new perspectives to our company and look forward to learning more about you in the recruitment process. To learn more and see what we’ve been up to, follow Elevate on X
DIRECTOR OF TALENT ACQUISITION – OVERVIEW:
The Director of Talent Acquisition for Elevate Sports Ventures will be a proactive, resourceful, entrepreneurially-minded leader who has the drive and ambition to build a world-class organization. They will have specific experience leading complex searches, ideally in a variety of settings and industries, by effectively working with hiring managers to understand their needs, articulate a compelling value proposition, and close ideal candidates. The recruiter will have experience in or an aptitude for the sports industry and understand the various dynamics of recruiting both within and outside of the industry to yield the most effective candidates.
Like others at Elevate, the Director of Talent Acquisition will think differently about how to build an organization. Bringing a unique and innovative perspective will be key, and evidence of making successful and lasting hires will be essential. While initially a self-starter and individual performer, as Elevate grows, so too will the role and team, with a global footprint and continued acceleration as the company evolves.
- Partner with hiring managers across all Elevate verticals to identify team needs
- Work hand-in-hand with hiring managers to draft compelling position descriptions
- Determine key selection criteria, including ‘must haves,’ and rubrics to assess and compare candidates
- Design a recruiting strategy, including original research and relevant postings, to yield candidates; discuss strategy with hiring managers for input and buy-in
- Source candidates through a variety of means, including traditional sourcing conversations, LinkedIn Recruiter research, referrals, postings that yield applications
- Create and implement end-to-end hiring processes to ensure a positive experience for candidates and hiring managers, including planning out steps and a weekly/regular cadence for all communication
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments and in-person interviews
- Devise an employer branding initiative to build pipelines for future candidates and to build brand awareness of Elevate’s growth
- Foster long-term relationships with past applicants and potential candidates, building a database for the company to utilize and intel for future recruiting efforts
- Contribute to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) initiatives by actively integrating inclusive practices into the recruitment process, fostering a diverse candidate pool, and collaborating with stakeholders to promote an equitable and welcoming work environment
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
- Proven experience as an effective, strategic, and high energy recruiter or comparable human capital role
- Hands-on experience leading full-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Exceptional skill in leveraging social media, resume databases and professional networks to yield qualified candidates
- Excellent, compelling verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A business mindset, with an understanding of how key talent drives business growth, and an ability to convey nuances of Elevate’s business model to candidates
POSITION AND BENEFITS DETAILS:
- Full Time, Exempt
- $125,000 - $150,000 base salary + discretionary bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance + FSA, HSA, and more
- 401k Employer Match after meeting eligibility requirements
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Occasional travel will be required
- This position requires sitting for extended periods while using a computer or phone. Occasional attendance at networking events and travel may be necessary, involving standing, walking, and lifting light materials.
- This position is ideally located in the New York City area, but we are open to remote or may be based in one of our other offices located in Charlotte, NC, Nashville, TN, or Salt Lake City, UT.
This position is open to all qualified candidates. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability in connection with the application process, you may contact us at [email protected].
We are proud to be an equal opportunity/veterans/disabled/ LGBT employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.