Groundskeeper Seasonal Assistant with AMBS+E in MARIETTA · GA
This seasonal position will assist with grounds maintenance for Atlanta United’s 33-acre Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground, which includes three (3) Tifway 419 bermudagrass pitches and three (3) synthetic FieldTurf pitches.
- Mow fields, edge and weed eat surrounding landscape.
- Apply fertilizer and pesticides to fields and landscape.
- Paint, set-up fields for practices.
- Aerate, top-dress, and verti-cut fields.
- Maintain and operate irrigation system for entire complex.
- Maintain synthetic turf practice field.
- Assist with the upkeep of 33-acre complex in addition to fields.
- Service and repair turf equipment and hand tools.
- Assist with projects outside of grounds duties when necessary; i.e., facility maintenance/repairs.
- High school diploma; currently enrolled or recently graduated from turf program or related field.
- Work experience in sports turf management.
- Valid credentials needed to perform job duties, including valid driver’s license.
- Availability to be on-call and to work long hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as deemed necessary.
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Operation of standard grounds equipment.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision when needed.
- Desire to learn sports turf industry
- Physical Requirements:
- Occasionally 0% – 33%
- Frequently 34% – 66%
- Constantly 67% – 100%
- Standing: C
- Walking: C
- Using hands: C
- Using vision (close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, adjusting focus): C
- Lifting up to 25 pounds: C
- Climbing or balancing: F
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling: F
- Talking or hearing: F
- Lifting more than 25 pounds: O
- Sitting: O
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?