Data Analyst - Atlanta United with AMBS+E in Marietta · GA
About Atlanta United FC
Officially launched in 2016 prior to its first season in MLS, the Atlanta United Academy program aims to be the leading platform of youth soccer development in the Southeast and currently competes in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy program. The ATL UTD Academy consists of teams in age groups U-12, U-13, U-14, U-15, U-16, U-17 and U-19. Shared with the first team, the Academy trains and competes out of the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground.
ATL UTD 2 is owned and operated by AMB Sports & Entertainment and is the United Soccer League Championship (USL Championship) affiliate of Major League Soccer’s Atlanta United. ATL UTD 2 joined USL for its expansion 2018 season and plays its 2019 home matches at Fifth Third Bank Stadium in Kennesaw, Georgia.
The Atlanta United Regional Development School (RDS) is a tryout-based program focused on creating high level training environments to push and challenge advanced level players. A pre-academy feeder system, RDS is the first step on the development pathway for Atlanta United players.
AMB Sports & Entertainment Group is a subsidiary of AMB Group, LLC, and is comprised of the Atlanta Falcons Football Club, LLC, Atlanta’s Major League Soccer team, Atlanta United FC, and the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Collaborate – Realize that we are better together than we are alone. We achieve much better results when others have the opportunity to add their diverse perspectives. Be open to feedback and actively seek input from a variety of people at varying levels because the best ideas come from those who are closest to those we serve.
Atlanta United Football Club is looking to add a detail-oriented, methodical, and collaborative Data Analyst to our growing team. As a Data Analyst, you will play a key role in the organization and management of information for our Club. Your primary goal will be to leverage data and communicate your findings to help us make smarter, data-backed performance decisions. We seek an individual who wants to be a part of a truly integrated high-performance team. The position is based in Marietta, Georgia and will require minimal domestic travel with occasional opportunities to travel international. The Data Analyst reports to the Director of Sports Science. This position is required to engage in collaboration with the entire sports science and technical staff.
Responsible for providing expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
- Translate numbers and facts to present strategic performance decisions
- Analyze match (physical and technical)
- Analyze workload data to determine player performance
- Create efficient processes for the department
- Maintain confidentiality with data integrity
- Minimum requirement, Undergraduate degree in related field – Graduate degree preferred
- Experience in statistics, machine learning, or econometrics
Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Proficient with data management and analysis in statistical software (e.g. R, STATA)
- Experience with a statistical language like Python, R or SAS
- Previous experience using Data Visualization software like; Tableau, Power BI or QlikView
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. Pivot Tables, VBA & Macros)
- Be able to query SQL databases
- Good communication skills
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Pattern and trend identification
- Data mining and data QA
- Database design and management
- SharePoint and advanced Microsoft Excel functions
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?