Director of Brand and Digital Partnership with Atlanta Falcons Football Club in Atlanta · GA
This person will lead the ideation around dynamic partner content (video, graphics, written content, podcasts, content series, etc) within each club’s individual brand tone and style, as well as provide project management to fulfill partner contracts. S(he) will work seamlessly across to identify existing content opportunities, ideate, collaborate, create and deploy integrated content and create holistic sponsor activations / programs that drive revenue and create value for our sponsors as well as drive growth across our digital platforms.
This person will oversee the AMBSE Digital Partnership Coordinator position and have the opportunity to learn and grow the digital monetization engine across both brands. The ideal candidate is a lifelong storyteller with excellent editorial instincts, possesses a creative knack for leveraging the specific vernacular of digital media to tell stories, is perennially curious about consumers’ changing and fragmented content consumption habits, has a passion for culture and sport, and is comfortable operating in a matrixed organization.
- Study the competitive landscape and industry native trends to identify unique creative approaches and content opportunities for our clients
- Partner with data analytics, strategy, marketing, digital and other internal departments to generate audience performance data and execute custom research in support of partner and brand growth objectives
- Assure sponsor/partner content strategies align well with each club’s digital content strategy and look for ways to increase content consumption and engagement, while delivering against both partner and club objectives.
- Track and increase partner ROI while increasing both Falcons and United KPI metrics through creation of authentic, innovative and integrated content across digital, social and marketing platforms.
- Establish strong working relationships with the sales teams and individual partners/sponsors to become a strategic thought partner to all aspects of their businesses.
- Actively support pitch presentations to external and internal partners selling the Atlanta Falcons and/or Atlanta United brands.
- Collaborate with internal groups in the ideation and creation of sponsored content to find the right solutions for the right partners; leading alignment meetings/brainstorms and working with digital, content and marketing teams on proactive and RFP ideation that marries partner initiatives with content concepts that are authentic to each club’s brand voice.
- Create, socialize, and articulate branded content opportunities across clubs for partners, and collaborate with internal teams and clients throughout the campaigns to ensure client feedback and questions are being addressed
- Provide project management of branded content integrations, inclusive of supporting the planning of projects, overseeing of dissemination of assets for review, managing third-party relationships, and ensuring timetables and budgets are adhered to
- Spearhead weekly meetings and daily interactions with internal stakeholders to make sure editorially-led revenue requests are vetted
- Manage cost of execution budget for branded content creation
- Four-year degree
- Minimum 5 or more years of overall work experience in content creation or strategy, media and entertainment; digital experience required, sports experience strongly preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in sponsor/partner content ideation and execution across digital platforms, ideally in sports — agency experience preferred but media or in-house experience is welcome
- Strong analytical and project management skills, and demonstrated ability to use data/metrics to define branded content vision and strategy
- Demonstrated ability to influence large and diverse teams; direct people management experience desired
- Demonstrated experience working within integrated marketing and sales team.
- Proficiency with Mac, and MS Office, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
- Strong understanding of the social and digital landscape, with an instinct for a story’s lifecycle across multiple platforms
- Has a passion for content-driven advertising and are obsessed with innovating within the complex media landscape
- Demonstrated knowledge of the creative process from concept through production
- Clear understanding of the sales cycle and experience working and collaborating with sales teams and partner clients
- Talented oral and written communicator with a proven track record of creating strong digital copy adapted to an established brand voice
- Strong ability to pitch and sell in content and get sponsors/partners excited about what the Atlanta Falcons / Atlanta United can do for their brands
- A keen eye for editing, solid knowledge of the rules of grammar, and an eagle-eyed attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills with proven success collaborating with cross-functional teams to manage complex projects across diverse groups consisting of internal and external stakeholders
- Superior ability to lead meetings, present and communicate effectively across all levels
- Possesses the ability to influence without authority and fosters an environment of collaboration, innovation, inclusion, and shared accountability
- Being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach; assertive, enthusiastic and highly motivated, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks with limited support staff in a high-pressure environment
- Mature, interpersonal skills with an openness to receive feedback and adapt to change
- Background of connecting business goals and brand objectives to media KPIs, including experience with and oversight of digital measurement and reporting