LA Galaxy Academy, Academic Tutor - Los Angeles Galaxy (Carson · CA)
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
Job Description / Essential Elements:
The LA Galaxy is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Content Specialist for students of the LA Galaxy Academy (ages 14-18). The part-time position asks for 30 hours a week, between the hours of 9am- 3 pm Monday through Friday.
Daily Duties / Job Responsibilities:
- Report to the Director of Education and assist Learning Coaches with managing specific student needs in high school-level courses (i.e. History, Math, and English,) at the LA Galaxy Academy
- Monitor student progress in online courses, analyze student data, and conduct group or individual lesson plans to increase student success in the online curriculum
- Build out the classroom environment in a manner that provides students with a brick-and-mortar, traditional setting for learning to supplement the online curriculum
- Implement instructional strategies that increase student learning, student motivation, and academic performance
- Provide students with resources, both online and face-to-face, that increase competency in the high school-level standards of the online curriculum
- Engage and support students in their progress in courses by using a variety of strategies to respond to students’ diverse needs
- Maintain a learning environment conducive to student achievement and development through setting and maintaining high academic and behavioral expectations and a high standard of rigor
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/ BS Degree (4- year) in related field
- Experience working with students preferred
- Training in mentoring practices
- Preferably college coursework in Mathematics, English, and/ or Science
- Preferably college coursework in Language Arts and/or History
- Passion for Math, English, and the learning process
Pay Scale: $22.00
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.