In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
L.A. LIVE is the leading entertainment district in Los Angeles offering six live entertainment venues, a fourteen screen cinema, the GRAMMY Museum®, and over twenty dining experiences. L.A. LIVE is the sports and entertainment district that surrounds Crypto.com Arena and Microsoft Theater. It's the host of the GRAMMYs, EMMYs, American Music Awards, ESPYs, and a years worth of red carpet premieres.
L.A. LIVE is the world's premiere live sports and entertainment district and was created to provide its guests an extraordinary live entertainment experience. L.A. LIVE is the most entertaining place on the planet.
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible to support the daily accounting and financial reporting activities for LA Live Properties, LLC. The position requires considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles and accounting functions. The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the overall management of the accounts payable operations including procedures and policies to improve the efficiency of the department and the maintenance and analysis of general ledger accounts. Additional responsibilities include the preparation of monthly close journal entries, and the review, analysis, and compilation of financial statements. The Accounting Supervisor may be asked to perform ad-hoc projects and general office support tasks when necessary. These responsibilities and tasks will be coordinated with and supervised by the Accounting Manager.
- Manage full cycle accounts payable process including review of general ledger invoice coding, accruals, account reconciliations and reports prepared by staff for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to GAAP.
- Prepare, review and/or supervise accounting staff to ensure accurate completion of recurring activities including month-end/year-end closings, supporting schedules, intercompany, and financial reporting.
- Perform day-to-day accounting activities, including complex journal entries, revenue and expense accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, etc.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, quarterly forecasts, and annual budgets for assigned entities.
- Work on consolidated reporting activities on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare and review all state and local tax filings (i.e. property tax, sales tax, business license tax, personal property tax, etc).
- Communicate and work with various department heads and respond to customer/vendor, external and internal inquiries on a timely and accurate basis.
- Act as Superuser for AP Financial System and Expense Reporting. Be the main contact to conduct research and resolve any issues from users.
- Manage, train, and develop accounting staff. Identify areas of improvement or streamlining.
- Assist with general tasks and ad hoc/process improvement projects as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in Business Management (Accounting preferred)
- 4-6 years of related work experience
- 4-6 years experience in general accounting or finance department working with complex computer systems/financial applications (i.e. JD Edwards, Oracle, etc.).
- 2-4 years of public accounting experience
- 2-4 years experience in a managerial capacity; Experience with supervising accounting and finance personnel.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong analytical skills and must be attentive to details\
- Proficient knowledge of accounting software systems
- Considerable understanding of basic accounting principles and accounting functions.
- Hands-on experience working with multiple companies/legal entities and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate to finance and operational upper management.
- Accuracy at all-times even when working under pressure in meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and/or holidays, as needed
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)