In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for overseeing venue events and shows. Responsibilities include hiring and scheduling staff, monitoring venue maintenance and security, and managing onsite operations at each event. The Assistant General Manager will also oversee guest relations, customer experience, and assist the General Manager and Venue Manager with projects and duties as needed.
- Manage venue events and shows, ticketing, advance show needs (concerts and special events), show settlement; coordinate technical aspects including lighting, video and sound; parking and sponsorship.
- Analyze event calendar and determine appropriate staffing levels. Create and maintain schedules based on part time employee availability and event schedule. Approve hours worked and time off requests for part time staff.
- Oversee venue maintenance and security. Check for maintenance issues, project planning and coordinate with maintenance staff for resolution. Attend and direct security meetings during preshow and during the event, monitor staff levels, communicate with head of security on overall operations and troubleshoot security issues.
- Manage day to day office operations. Oversee the ordering of supplies for both office and venue; monitor the maintenance of customer service email and holding of comp tickets for VIP guests.
- Oversee guest relations and ensure customers have the best experience possible. Respond to escalated guest complaints and inquiries resolving in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations to the General Manager on allocation of departmental budget, monthly reforecasting and reconciling of monthly financial statements.
- Oversee all operations and make decisions in General Managers’ absence.
- BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) In Business Management or a related field
- 6-8 years Of related work experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Computer savvy and proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Previous production experience, including scheduling, managing staff, and payroll
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to provide vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Strong customer service skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work load
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Ability to plan work activities and adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, promoters, suppliers, guests and visitors
- Knowledge if sound and lighting preferred
Pay Scale: $65,000 -$93,578
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.