Charlotte Motor Speedway, is seeking a highly-motivated and dedicated intern to join our Camping Department. The primary responsibility of this position is to gain hands-on experience in the field of marketing & operations through various event projects.
• Assist in the planning, preparation, and execution of camping activities & events.
• Assist in the daily organization of camping office.
• Assist in communicating important notices and information to customers and employees.
• Assist with the development, editing, and proofing of camper newsletters, schedules, and activity flyers.
• Assist with special projects and promotions developed by the department.
• Assist with updating and posting to the speedway website and social media accounts.
Skills and Attributes:
• Ability to contribute creative ideas and concepts.
• Strong writing skills are essential.
• Ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced live environment while keeping a positive attitude.
• Ability to remain extremely flexible in an ever changing environment.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
• Ability to work flexible and non-traditional hours including nights and weekends.
Experience and Education:
College Level Student – B.A., B.S. or majoring in business related field.
Intern must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week plus all events held during the semester.
Experience in Microsoft Office required.
This is an unpaid internship. As a token of gratitude, all interns who complete the semester internship and work the race events held during the semester internship will receive a stipend.
Application deadline is March 30, 2018.