These job descriptions have been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by part-time security employees of Texas Motor Speedway. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all security duties, responsibilities and qualifications that may be required of employees assigned to this job classification.
GRANDSTAND / WHEELFENCE SECURITY
A security guard assigned to the Grandstand / Wheelfence will be required to provide basic crowd control to fans attending racing events. In addition, they will provide directional or medical assistance as needed, enforce TMS policies when necessary, provide first responder service to all civil disturbances in and around the speedway, and provide primary crowd control efforts during mass casualty incidents.
DIRT TRACK SECURITY
A security guard assigned to the Dirt Track will be required to interpret Speedway policies to both spectators and event staff. In addition they will follow and enforce safety regulations, analyze and resolve spectator complaints, initiate emergency plans during mass casualty incidents, conduct cooler and parcel checks at main entrances, assist from time to time with parking lot traffic, and provide perimeter security to ensure proper access to controlled areas.
A security guard assigned to the Infield area will be required to ensure that team haulers get in and out of the infield in a timely manner. In addition they will be required to inspect all Recreational Vehicles entering the infield to ensure speedway compliance, enforce TMS policies as they relate to infield activities (i.e.; camping restrictions, vehicle usage and fan behavior) and control public access to restricted / credentialed areas.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Arrive to work on time as scheduled
- Work flexible schedule, days & weekends
- Must be able to tolerate adverse weather conditions
- Communicate any & all security related issues in a clear, concise & timely manner to the Security Manager
- Ability to report any incident involving an injury to a fan or employee immediately to your Supervisor
- Must present a fan friendly appearance & attitude to patrons & guests of TMS
- Must report to work drug & alcohol free
- High School Diploma or GED required, some College preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.