Located just 30 minutes north of the San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge, in Sonoma County, California, Sonoma Raceway is a 1600-acre facility with a 2.52-mile, twelve-turn road course; a ¼-mile modern drag strip; a world-class 16-turn three-quarter mile karting center; and an expansive industrial park. Sonoma Raceway is the home of the Sears Point Racing Experience. The road course has a permanent seating capacity of approximately 47,000, including 27 luxury suites. Sonoma Raceway is nestled in the California Wine Country; easily accessible to San Francisco, Sacramento, northern California National Forests territory, and the Pacific coastline. Northern California’s moderate climate and beautiful geography lends to renowned festivals, shows, events, and attractions.
Oversee the daily management of the hospitality, tenant, racing and support facilities for multiple, overlapping activities 340+ days per year.
Maximize Sonoma Raceway’s resources between five key businesses:
Performance Automotive Club
- Build a premier driving club, delivering membership experiences and benefits on par with the world’s greatest special interest clubs
Sonoma Driving Experience and Racing School
- Profitably grow the existing racing experiences and driving schools for individuals and groups looking for the thrill of driving on one of the world’s great road courses or desiring to improve their driving skills.
Sonoma Karting Center
- Grow the use and prestige of the Karting Center
- Oversee the hosting of major motorsports events including NHRA and NASCAR weekends, including execution of planned marketing, ticketing, sponsorship activation, and event schedules to deliver memorable experiences to tickets fans and corporate clients
Corporate Event Hosting
- Maximize use of Sonoma Raceway’s facilities use by corporate clients for hospitality events and experiences
- Develop local, regional and industry relationships to foster new Destination experiences; new business segments and new partners
- Gain expert level knowledge of local, regional and industry planned events to identify potential for coordinated experiences and activities
- Develop local/regional/national tourism strategies and policies, with internal and external parties (including government offices and associations) for Destination development, marketing and promotion
- Expand existing events and current land and facility use to develop Sonoma Raceway into a Destination for multiple target markets with regional, national and international appeal
- Manage the day-to-day staff by leading, coaching, and developing through effective and inspiring leadershipLead raceway’s community relations efforts, including fundraising events and grant distribution for the Sonoma chapter of Speedway Children’s Charities
- Develop ongoing relationships with regional political and business leadership to enhance the raceway’s standing as a key element in the region’s economic vitality, serving as the raceway’s representative with organizations and events that can help enhance that goal.
- Stellar record of Team Leadership and Guest Satisfaction; Entrepreneurial Drive; Desire to serve multiple constituencies including club members, sponsors, fans; Meeting/Exceeding Qualitative and Quantitative Profitability Targets; Retention and Expansion of Key Relationships; Experience managing a high-end Destination; Automotive Passion
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration or related studies
- 10+ Years Relevant Experience with a Destination Employer and/or with an Automotive/Entertainment Employer and/or Career focus
- Exceptional Organization Skills; Impeccable and Responsive Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Experience with development and management of multiple television, media and other campaign outlets including, but not limited to, representation as the voice and face of an entity, campaign