New Hampshire Motor Speedway is looking for a highly-motivated Social Media Intern that is passionate and prepared to work in a fast-paced environment. The focus of the internship will be to assist the Social Media Coordinator in daily operations, content creation/scheduling and engaging with our fans on social media. Although, these will be your primary responsibilities you will also be asked to help in other departments when needed.
Can you say YES to these questions?
· Are you someone who spends 24/7 on social media?
· Are you an individual who wants to get experience in the sports industry?
· Are you someone who wants a hands-on internship at the largest sports venue in New England?
· Assist the Social Media Coordinator with scheduling/publishing daily content on social media channels.
· Edit and create creative content for social channels.
· Engage and reply to fans using Sprout Social.
· Work event nights/weekends assisting with live social coverage.
· Track metrics for social, app and web using different analytics tools.
· Generate social reports year-to-year and analyze what’s working and not working.
· Assist the Marketing and Communications Departments where needed, especially leading up to events.
· Degree-seeking college student majoring in communications, marketing, or related field.
· Experience with all major social media channels. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn and YouTube)
· Experience with Photoshop and Sprout Social is a plus.
· General knowledge of NASCAR and auto racing in general.
· Ability to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
· Strong writing and communication skills.
· Creative thinker/idea generator.
· This is a credit-based program and an unpaid internship. College credit must be received. Compensation for housing, transportation, and/or relocating will not be provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.