At Kentucky Speedway this internship allows students to network with people within the motorsports industry and local community while working at one of the premier racing facilities in the United States. By the end of this internship, you will have a better understanding of the process and preparation that goes into planning and working at a race facility.
Role and Responsibilities
• Promote & Sell season, group & individual ticket packages.
• Generate ticket sales revenues through heavy phone sales
• Make a minimum of 50 outreach calls per day from provided lead lists & prospecting.
• Stay updated on other SMI ticketing sales and marketing promotions.
• Meet or exceed weekly & monthly sales goals.
• Upgrade & up sell customers into different categories & ticket packages.
• Create new sales leads & prospect for new business via phone cold calling, email, & targeted direct mail.
• Provide & maintain the highest level of customer service to clients & guests.
• Able to work various shows & events that promote Kentucky Speedway in a positive manner.
• Perform other duties & responsibilities as assigned by managers.
• College level student majoring in communications, sport management, advertising, marketing, or related fields would be a plus.
• Desire to start & build a career in sports sales.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
• Previous experience in phone sales, outside sales, customer service or retail sales is beneficial.
• Excellent communication skills, strong enthusiasm, a professional demeanor & the ability to engage professionally with clients are required.
• Ticket printing, organization and fundamentals of all Ticket Mailings.
• Ability to work well with others in a team setting.
Schedule / Compensation:
Interns may work 40 hours per week and must be available to work staggered schedule times. Weekends will be a requirement during the races.
This position is an hourly position paid at $8.00.