The Racing Operations Department is seeking candidates who are self-starting and able to multitask in a fast paced environment. Interns in this department need exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Assist Director of Racing Operations in all aspects of on-track and competition racing operations.
Including but not limited to:
- Day-to-day staff management
o Direct competition and related logistics
o Jet Dryer logistics, staffing, and operations
o Oversee fence and wall repair or maintenance
o Oversee track repair
o Public Safety coordination with state and local authorities
o Training for officials and on-track crews
o Oversee the Track Services department
- Assist with management of all schedules for CMS events
- Help coordinate with NASCAR and other racing series for scheduling, logistics, race operations, and event management
- Assist with all Action Sports related entities
- Assist the CMS Events Department with events at CMS 1.5 mile track, the dirt track, and the zMAX Dragway.
- Assist with Summer Shootout and all US Legends operations with CMS
- Assist with all on-track racing activities
- Help facilitate safety and ground logistics with stunts for pre-race shows or press conferences
- Work directly with facility operations to ensure work orders from events and GS&L are prioritized and managed accordingly
CMS is one of the busiest facilities in the country and this internship will help with track rental customers. This is a hands on, fast paced internship. A lot of experience will be gained in event preparation and planning.
Intern must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week plus all events held during the semester.
Word and Excel Spreadsheet experience required.
This is an unpaid internship. As a token of gratitude, all interns who complete the semester internship and work the race events held during the semester internship will receive a stipend.
Application deadline is March 30, 2018.