This position will be responsible for overall safety and security of Charlotte Motor Speedway with a concentration on Smith Tower and secondarily, the entire CMS property. The Security Officer position greets guests and employees as they enter Smith Tower and facilitates the resolutions to unforeseen problems that arise with various scheduled activities.
' First: 6am to 2pm
' Second: 2pm to 10 pm
Will train on both shifts.
· Maintain security inside and around Smith Tower by utilizing foot patrols for visibility and to check that doors are locked.
· Greet employees and visitors and direct them to their destination as needed.
· Work with staff as needed to facilitate events happening in a fan friendly atmosphere.
· Maintain communications with Fire/EMS, Police, and alarm companies and respond as needed in the event of an emergency.
· Respond to security related calls on the CMS property
· During events, assist with safety and security of spectators in and around Smith Tower.
· Monitor security cameras.
· Keep written log of daily activity.
· Must be 21 or older
High School graduate or GED,
· Basic computer skills
· Read and Write English
· Available to work all days and shifts
· Able to stand or sit for extended periods of time (Up to one hour at a time)
· Prior Law Enforcement, Military, and Security preferred