Headquartered in Glendora, Calif., NHRA is the primary sanctioning body for the sport of drag racing in the United States. NHRA presents 24 national events featuring the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series and the NHRA J&A Service Pro Mod Drag Racing Series. NHRA provides competition opportunities for drivers of all levels in the NHRA Summit Racing Series and the NHRA Drags: Street Legal Style presented by AAA. NHRA also offers the NHRA Jr. Street program and the Summit Racing Jr. Drag Racing League for youth ages 5 to 17. In addition, NHRA owns and operates five racing facilities: Atlanta Dragway in Georgia; Auto-Plus Raceway at Gainesville in Florida; Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis; and Auto Club Raceway at Pomona in Southern California. For more information, log on to NHRA.com, or visit the official NHRA pages on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
Safety Safari Driver with National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) in
- Will interact with all Safety Safari Team Members at the National Event level.
- Will work at a level consistent with the National Hot Rod Association standards.
- Will work on and maintain Safari equipment necessary to conduct a national event.
- Applicant will have mechanic skills and background, use of shop tools and equipment.
- Applicant will have basic fabrication skills for in the field repairs.
- Will maintain and repair equipment as directed.
- Will maintain maintenance records for equipment.
- Will maintain warranty records on equipment.
- Will assist with inventory database for supplies.
- Will assist with track preparation.
- Driver and transportation of equipment from event to event.
- Will assist with all equipment being clean and ready for use at event.
- Will help create a safe working environment with observations and suggestions.
- Will assist with special events, test sessions, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Emergency Services.
- Maintain an active SFI Incident Response Certification.
- Maintain a CDL Driver License, class A with air brake endorsement and Medical Card.
- Maintain Insurability under NHRA Insurance Policy.
- Member in good standing with the NHRA Safety Safari.
How did you hear about this job?