Marketing & Events Intern Sonoma Raceway
Marketing & Events Intern, Sonoma Raceway
About the Internship:
The goal of the marketing and events internship at Sonoma Raceway is to provide students with quality, practical experience that better equips them to enter the competitive job market. The internship is also an opportunity for students to learn more about marketing and the motorsports industry.
Interns will work directly with the Sonoma Raceway marketing department. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Support advertising efforts by collecting and organizing contractual materials.
- Assist marketing team in the execution of all pre, during and post-event initiatives and programs.
- Event weekend preparation.
- Assist with raceway programs, including Kids Club, Raceway Girls and STEM.
- Assist with updating raceway website and gathering content for social media channels.
- Research for vendors, partnerships and other marketing leads as directed.
- Administrative tasks such as filing, mailing and other projects, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by Sonoma Raceway Marketing Department
The ideal candidate:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with long hours during event weekends and possible off-site events.
- Positive attitude and ability to remain flexible in an ever-changing, collaborative environment.
- Self-motivator who is confident, energetic and creative.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- MS Office competency required; experience with Photoshop and CMS platforms helpful.
- Ability to carry up to 40 lbs.
What you can expect from us:
- Open communication from all members of the Marketing department.
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Passionate and professional colleagues
- Ability to work behind the scenes and gain hands-on experience at major motorsports events. High standards of excellence.
- Opportunity to maximize your abilities and learn new skills
- Fair compensation
Late April through – August 14 Generally 2-3 days per week, 16-24 hours per week. Days to be mutually agreed upon.
Required event weeks (Monday-Sunday). These events include: NASCAR (two weeks): June 1-5 and June 8-15
NHRA: July 20-27
In addition, some smaller event weekends might be required.
Who we are:
Sonoma Raceway is situated in the Sonoma Valley and hosts the best in motor sports entertainment, including the NASCAR Cup Series, NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, the Sears Point Racing Experience, motorcycle racing, vintage car racing and more. The facility boasts a world-class road course, as well as a quarter-mile drag strip and professional karting track. In addition, the raceway hosts a variety of annual community and fundraising events (www.SonomaRaceway.com, @RaceSonoma, facebook.com/RaceSonoma).
Sonoma Raceway is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.