*** PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC, WE ARE ON A HIRING FREEZE UNTIL THE 2020 NHRA RACING SEASON HAS RESUMED. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO APPLY AS WE ARE EVALUATING CANDIDATES FOR WHEN THE RACING SEASON RESUMES***
Marketing Operations Event Worker
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Emergency Services, the Marketing Operations Event Worker is responsible for handling the day-to-day Marketing and Operational functions at an NHRA National Event. This includes, organizing and implementing all elements of operation at the facility including but not limited to Pre/Post race ceremonies, assist with onsite and off-site marketing promotions, and in addition to assisting in the setup of signage, inflatables, and staging for race events. The Marketing Operations Event Worker will work as a member of the National Event Marketing team to ensure the successful planning and implementation of all NHRA Live Event productions.
- Assist with setup and take-down of the NHRA Member Hospitality Trailer and the NHRA Welcome Center.
- Assist with the setup of backdrops and staging, unpack and organize trophies, medallions, hats, and other related event operations assets for pre-race, winner’s circle, Number One Qualifier presentations, and specialty races.
- Assist with setup of outside guardwall signs and setup of Top End including signage, banners, and inflatables.
- Assist in the organization and execution Pre/Post race ceremonies.
- Work with TV Production and NHRA on FOX personnel to coordinate signage placement in relation to camera angles and assist with set up and take down of sound system and PA speakers.
- Work with the onsite production to ensure continuity and National Event Marketing guideline protocol.
- Help with pit control, sponsor services, and midway layout onsite logistics.
- Work with the Marketing Services Managers and Live Event Marketing team with customer races and all onsite and off-site promotions.
- Contributing member of physical load in and load out of assets (able to lift at least 50 lbs.)
- Performs similar job-related duties as assigned.
- Work along with other departments (Safety, Tech, Pit Control, etc.) to aid in a successful event.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A related background in live event operations and/or experience is required. Knowledge of NHRA Championship Drag Racing and/or Racing Operations is a plus.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Able to work 10-12-hour days.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in outdoor temperatures potentially in extreme heat and cold.
- Job requires the ability to stand and walk for long periods at a time.
- Must be able to travel nationwide via air, car, or truck.
NOTE: NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT’S RIGHT TO ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THIS JOB AT ANY TIME.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.