Located within five hours (300 miles) of 25 percent of the U.S. population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America, three-times voted “Best NASCAR Track” by readers of USA Today. The Glen hosts a diverse portfolio of premier sports car, open wheel and stock car races throughout the year.
Watkins Glen is hiring for Ticket Office Event Staff. This position will provide customer service, product upsell, and order processing via telephone, mail, and walk-ups. This is a part-time seasonal position and must be able to work all major event weekends including Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen (June 20-23), FLWF (July 26-28), Hilliard US Grand Prix (Aug 23-25) and NASCAR Weekend Go Bowling at the Glen (September 11-15).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Selling parking passes to all walk-up customers.
• Process credit card payments.
• Serve as a staff member working in a ticket booth.
• Develop a working knowledge of track pricing, policies, procedures, and general event information. As the first line for guest questions, Event Ticketing Staff must be able to answer questions or direct guests in the proper direction.
• Direct vehicle traffic flow to proper areas.
• Assist guests with questions regarding directions, information about the facility, and parking assistance.
• Handle will-call requests at the ticket office.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2 years completed toward a Business Administration, Marketing, or Sports Management Degree.
• 1-2 years’ event staffing or ticket sales experience preferred.
• Customer service experience is helpful.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 18 years of age.
• Ability to work outdoors in changing weather conditions for extended periods.
• Attention to detail and ability to provide a high level of customer service is required.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
• Flexible schedule during event time.
• Reliable transportation to and from the track location.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.