In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Technical Product Manager based in our Concord, North Carolina office.
This person is responsible for serving as the liaison between stakeholders and our technology and support teams, working to understand the customers business process, requirements and needs and collaborating with the development team on defining the solution.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Works alongside engineers, testers, and product owners to facilitate the development process including gathering requirements, design, UAT testing and how-to documentation.
- Refine high-level business requirements received by the Product Team and define detailed business and technical requirements.
- Act as consultants with Product Team as needed as they define the high-level business requirements to ensure technical feasibility of the desired feature; as needed, participate in vendor and client interviews.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders at all levels to analyze needs and business requirements.
- Be a contributing member of development/QA; responsibilities include sprint planning, project management, assisting with removing blockers, providing business insight and clarification on requirements and product functionality.
- Work independently with stakeholders to define concepts, review specifications, solicit feedback, gather requirements, and obtain approval for specifications.
- Facilitate UAT process for completed features prior to delivery to production environments to ensure business needs are met as intended.
- Assist with the hands-on, trackside deployment of Media and Event Technology systems which support race activities.
- Create product documentation as well as provide guidance on documentation quality for existing products and new features.
- Travel: 25%, including weekends.
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Abstract thinking & problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to take high level concepts and drill down to detail level.
- Excellent project prioritizing skills and the ability to multitask.
- Self-learning, motivated, focused.
- The ability to quickly learn new concepts and products.
- Light to medium QA skills to test and identify if the resolution is functioning as expected to meet our customers’ business requirements.
- Proficient on Company-provided hardware and software.
- Familiar with Waterfall and Agile Development approaches.
- Preferred: Comfort with using reading APIs and understanding how multiple systems interact.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at https://careers.nascar.com/ for consideration.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.