In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Media Systems Engineer based in our Concord, North Carolina office.
This person is responsible for playing a key role in the administration and implementation of next generation, media, and data systems.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- The Engineer’s primary focus is on solutions that support optical analysis tools, transcode, archive and distribution functions within the company’s Media and Event Technology environments.
- Implement high capacity, video storage and archive solutions along with associated data access and management systems.
- Deploy and manage the Kubernetes based Optical Tracking and data platforms for race events.
- Implement next generation solutions that enable production workflow integration and file-based media exchanges with onsite or remote facilities.
- Configuration and calibration of video cameras into their supporting Media system platforms.
- Manage IP video stream capture and clipping infrastructure and associated tools.
- Manage Cloud native media orchestration solutions and tools.
- Ensure system interoperability with 3rd party, vendor supplied systems and products.
- Test and implement system software and firmware updates.
- Report and track issues and new feature requests with vendors.
- Provide 2nd level operational/technical support and training as necessary to Operations, Engineering and support staff.
- Assist with the development and execution of proof-of-concept initiatives regarding new technologies for media systems.
- Travel: 25%
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of seven (7) years related experience in film and post-production; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in company provided hardware and software.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of video and audio encoding/transcoding techniques and formats.
- Working knowledge of video storage technology (e.g., NAS, SAN, and Object) and archive solutions along with associated data access protocols, application software and systems
- Working knowledge of media management and workflow orchestration tools and techniques
- General knowledge of high performance, IT based hardware technology used within the media systems environment.
- Experience with source code management tools such as GitHub, or Bitbucket for system configurations management.
- Proficiency with monitoring technologies such as Grafana, Telegraf, and Datadog.
- Proficiency with serverless technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes (k8s, k3s).
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft, Apple, and Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware or Nutanix
- Experience with implementation of software-based solutions deployed on IT/commodity hardware running on various platforms (e.g. Linux, Windows, Serverless).
- Working knowledge of I.T & networking principals (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, SNMP)
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes clustering infrastructures and supporting technologies
- General knowledge of DevOps methodologies and practices.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to support remote offices and transport equipment when necessary.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at https://careers.nascar.com/ for consideration.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.