IMSA seeks a talented professional to join us in the position of Manager, Business Development based in our Daytona Beach, Florida office.
Will be responsible for developing and closing Corporate Partnership agreements for IMSA and its series. Secondary responsibility will be coordinating with, developing and closing Corporate Partnership agreements for Sebring International Raceway / Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, and when strategic, integrating both IMSA and track assets.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- The Manager, Business Development will be responsible for prospecting, researching, securing meetings, partnership ideas development, custom presentation preparation, presenting, closing and contracting sponsorships with new partners.
- Prospecting: Identify and research specific categories relevant to IMSA and specific potential marketing partners; contact decision makers within each organization through cold-calling and networking within identified categories, agency outreach, IMSA stakeholders, etc.
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Director, Partnership Marketing and Business Development and other leadership to develop and implement an effective annual business plan that will drive Corporate Partnership revenue in identified key categories.
- Develop and maintain an effective and efficient working relationship with NASCAR business development and partnership marketing staff; creating opportunities for IMSA to add value to broader NASCAR partnership initiatives, as well as share IMSA prospects with NASCAR when appropriate.
- Work closely with NASCAR Research and Insights department to provide fan/consumer research data supporting the IMSA value proposition, as well as specific category and company outreach.
- Presenting: Prepare unique and compelling presentations that showcase IMSA, its series, Sebring International Raceway, Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta sponsorship assets, and address prospect’s objectives. Present to prospective partners during in person meetings and/or during telephone/video calls.
- Develop an effective and efficient working relationship with IMSA staff and work collaboratively within the organization to coordinate, create and identify assets, and generate sponsorship ideas/marketing strategies to support prospect objectives, while driving net revenue and other marketing benefits to IMSA and its tracks.
- Work collaboratively with the IMSA Marketing/Corporate Partnership department to develop case studies and other proof-points to share with prospects.
- Coordinate with IMSA Brand and Consumer Marketing department to ensure the most accurate and impactful presentation materials and data is used; addressing prospect’s objectives and bringing partnership concepts to life visually.
- Use IMSA valuation tools to identify key assets for inclusion in proposals, as well as to ensure pricing is aligned with IMSA objectives.
- Closing: Negotiate and finalize sponsorship agreements that maximize net revenue and marketing benefits for IMSA and its properties; work with IMSA staff in order to secure inventory and delivery of assets, future partnership expansion, renewal and retention.
- Coordinate contract development and execution with IMSA Legal through the entire contract process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or business or equivalent; and at least 5 years of experience in marketing or business development. Or equivalent combination of work and experience.
- Partnership sales experience specific to sports / entertainment / venues / leagues as well as business to business (B2B) and retail / vendor sales experience preferred.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to quickly understand current and potential partners' business model, goals and objectives, and how a partnership with IMSA can grow their business.
- Must be able to operate in, and promote a team environment and demonstrate a commitment to organizational and personal growth.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, creative and have the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Must exemplify strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate time management, resource planning and organization skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including weekends
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings