In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Manager, Social Media Platforms based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
This person is responsible for the day-to-day planning, execution and management of NASCAR’s owned and operated social channels. The Manager guides NASCAR Social on new and emerging platforms while working across multiple internal and external business units to help tell the best stories in NASCAR to our growing audience.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead, create and execute content plans across NASCAR’s social media portfolio, including but not limited to Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, X, Threads and Snapchat.
- Actively and diligently monitor social media platforms, discussions, and trends, leading the charge on NASCAR’s participation or reaction.
- Manage creation and presentation of content with an appropriate copy and posting cadence.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams such as Creative Design, Productions and Editorial to create and share content across all NASCAR Social channels.
- Demonstrate excellent copywriting and grammar skills, ensuring both factual accuracy and social relevancy across all platforms.
- Manage and execute weekend content strategy, including but not limited to play-by-play coverage of NASCAR national series races across all social media platforms.
- Develop and manage social media campaigns throughout the year that help the company meet and exceed various business goals and objectives.
- Oversee and contribute to the development of paid content on NASCAR’s social media channels.
- Represent and advocate for NASCAR Social when working with external stakeholders such as teams, sponsors and social media platform representatives.
- Brainstorm, ideate and build consensus amongst colleagues. Exercise good judgement when making daily decisions.
- Closely track emerging trends, tools, and platforms within the social and digital space
- Leverage social media analytics to generate more impactful social campaigns and content.
- Infuse the NASCAR Social team with new ideas, forward thinking, and a passion for content execution.
- Travel: 10%, including weekends.
Required skills / experience:
- Directly supervises assigned staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree from four (4) year college or university and a minimum of five (5) years of current experience in social media, engagement, and partner management; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Proficient on all company provided hardware and software.
- Knowledge of social media content management and reporting platforms. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Able to work a non-traditional work week, including nights and weekends, including travel.
- Excellent writing skills and social media acumen
- Ability to lead and utilize strong cross-functional and inter-departmental integration and planning skills.
- A proven social media expert and social native.
- A leader who is skilled and confident in creating and overseeing weekly social content plans that elevate NASCAR and its respective drivers, teams and fans.
- Advanced working knowledge of all primary social media channels with an eye towards emerging trends and platforms
- Proven experience developing strategy and day-to-day management of communication activities and plans.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior level executives.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at https://careers.nascar.com/ for consideration.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.