In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the remote position of Manager, Racing Insights.
The Manager, Racing Insights is responsible for the preservation, documentation and presentation of motorsports statistics. The Manager utilizes both historical research and live data analysis to create content supplied to all platforms of media coverage (television, radio, print and digital).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create content throughout the week to educate media partners for the upcoming live events.
- Review and edit peers’ created content for accuracy and relevancy.
- Create new tools and concepts to better support live broadcasts.
- Document all aspects of live events for preservation and retention.
- Update and edit historical racing databases in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage and execute ad-hoc projects and related activities as needed.
- Travel: 50%, including weekends
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical interface, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Proficient hardware and software including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Clouds, WordPress or other CMS.
- Strong technical research skills.
- Ability to conduct research and propose solutions for new problems or tasks.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to project manage in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to communicate, present and defend ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Experience working with server administration tools and processes including scripting languages, virtualization tools and operating systems.
- Experience working with and maintaining UNIX or Linux systems (RHEL, Ubuntu).
- Experience administering large public websites.
- Experience administering WordPress websites.
- Experience administering and maintaining cloud based systems (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Experience administering and maintaining JVM systems.
- Experience with API management tools (Azure, AWS, .NET).
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at https://careers.nascar.com/ for consideration.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.