In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Manager, International Content based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
This person is responsible for the day-to-day lead for content operations around NASCAR’s international ecosystem. This role serves both the competitive international racing series and NASCAR’s overall presence in international markets.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage the relationship and collaboration between the Content team and International Racing’s leadership team and series officials, while being immersed in NASCAR’s variety of international racing series.
- Learn and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the drivers, races & stories that comprise NASCAR’s international series in Mexico, Canada, Europe and Brazil.
- Communicate best content practices outward, being the NASCAR digital platform voice of expertise; deliver key international tentpoles and support opportunities inward and develop support plans for our channels and beyond.
- Represent and advocate for NASCAR Content when working with external stakeholders such as series officials, sponsors and social media platform representatives.
- Ideate, create and program editorial and digital content in an effective way on the company’s digital platforms, often under tight deadlines, using analytical tools and news judgment to determine appropriate placement.
- Aid in photographer management at live NASCAR Roots events.
- Communicate with series directors, officials, race teams and drivers to facilitate information flow to NASCAR Roots channels.
- Basic QA of high-traffic, high-engagement and high-expectation components, including section fronts, site navigation, schedule, standings, track & ticket information, sponsor obligation and support of OEM and official partners.
- Work with colleagues to support development of presentations, and help package reports, analysis and business performance metrics related to NASCAR’s international presence.
- Manage, upkeep and distribute content calendar for international racing and support.
- Demonstrate excellent copywriting and grammar skills, ensuring both factual accuracy and social relevancy across all platforms.
- Travel: 5%, including weekends and evenings.
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four (4) year college or university and a minimum of five (5) years of current experience in social media, engagement and partner management; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Proficient on all company provided hardware and software. Knowledge of social media content management and reporting platforms. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Skilled and confident in developing and communicating best content practices.
- Able to work a non-traditional work week, including nights and weekends, including some travel.
- Excellent writing skills and social media acumen.
- Ability to lead and utilize strong cross-functional and inter-departmental integration and planning skills.
- Experience collaborating across multiple departments Advanced working knowledge of all primary social media channels with an eye towards emerging trends and platforms.
- Proven experience developing strategy and day-to-day management of communication activities and plans.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior level executives.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at https://careers.nascar.com/ for consideration.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.