In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Development Coordinator based in our Daytona Beach, Florida office.
This person is responsible for $350,000 - $600,000 (depending on the current year’s budget) fundraising goal by managing the fundraising initiatives outlined below.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage Online Auctions Program which includes procurement of auction items and experiences from various sources (race teams, drivers, events, industry, etc.)
- Prepare templates to post items (up to 60 per month) and experiences on The NASCAR Foundation auctions eBay storefront. Manage closeout and fulfillment of each item/experience.
- Ship out all items to donors when auction has closed. Prepare weekend itineraries and communication to race experience winners.
- Compile bi-monthly newsletter to Online Auction donors.
- Update monthly sales sheets for entry into Aegis CRM Donor database.
- Assist with brainstorming and implementing new ideas to achieve budgeted Online Auctions revenue goals.
- Responsible for event management and execution of specific Foundation fundraising events, as assigned. Specifically, executing restaurant procurement, communication, and management for the Taste of the 24-fundraising event and assisting in silent auction item procurement for fundraising events.
- Manage, recruit, and expand volunteer efforts for at-track and off-track fundraising programs. Plan and manage all aspects of on-site at-track booth activities at participating tracks for Foundation (two per year).
- Responsible for supporting major donor giving and direct mail initiatives to maximize fundraising opportunities through donor solicitation and cultivation. This includes researching prospective donors, compiling data and reports from Foundation database and other sources in which Foundation staff can use in cultivation process.
- Cultivates a list of donors with weekly thank yous, stewardship, and solicitation calls with donors.
- Compile and produce fundraising and development reports. Performs duties in Foundation Aegis CRM donor database as needed.
- Assist the Director, Development, Development Manager and the Foundation team as needed.
- Minimal travel required.
Required skills / experience:
- Assist in supervising Development Intern, and at-track volunteers.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include assisting in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and a minimum of two-three (2-3) years of fundraising, sales, marketing, administration and/or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient on Company provided hardware and software. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with preferred experience with CRM software and data management/entry.
- Must possess a passion for fundraising and demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain productive, mutually beneficial relationships with management, professional staff, third-party partners, vendors, corporate sponsors, donors, and volunteers.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at https://careers.nascar.com/ for consideration.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.