In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Located near Des Moines, Iowa Speedway joined the NASCAR family of tracks in 2013. Known as the "Fastest Short Track on the Planet", Iowa Speedway plays host to two major race weekends a year, welcoming the ARCA Menards Series and the NTT INDYCAR Series. The track was designed by NASCAR Hall of Famer Rusty Wallace.
Iowa Speedway seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Coordinator, Event Operations. The primary focus of this role will be to organize and coordinate the timely delivery of event preparation information to ensure successful events.
The Coordinator will work in unison with leaders to assure all needs have been defined and carried out in a timely manner and of high quality. Additionally, the Coordinator will work with the maintenance department to direct the execution of such deliverables and as needed during non-event times.
- Coordinate, schedule and manage contracted services for race events as defined by senior management.
- Coordinate Driver Owner lot reservations and race weekend logistics for that area
- Coordinate the process of controlling inventories/materials for department needs.
- Assist in coordinate and conduct site tours for prospective renters along with leaders as needed.
- Assist in setting policies and procedures that assure peak operational efficiency of the department.
- Work to resolve challenges and provide information to facility customers.
- Conduct and assist in facility site visits as needed. Schedule needed staff for all visits.
- Facilitate pre and post-event walk through to assess facility condition as needed. Schedule staff as needed and collect reports for the event file.
- Assemble and track electrical and phone orders for all booked events.
- Assist with set-up, tear down and room sets as needed when required.
- Ensure that assigned Event Operations staff has checked for safety measures have been taken. (ie. Blocked fire exits, fire extinguishers, etc.)
- Coordinate the scheduling of security and escorts for VIP’s, special guests, political figures, etc.
- Assist in the timely preparations and updates to the EOP for race weekend, and non-race events.
- Adhere to health and safety policies while emphasizing same with department staff when developing work plans.
- Support business needs by assisting in managing facility support equipment (HVAC, fire pumps, alarms, chillers, generators, etc.) including emergency response needs.
- General maintenance around the facility, including painting.
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Requisitions parts and equipment with leader approval.
- Keeps records and reports.
- Provides general housekeeping to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Operate equipment as needed.
- Employee will be responsible for track preparation, maintenance, and restoration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Hours may vary but will include all hours of operation, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary to work events and to fulfill job responsibilities. Acceptance of work hours customary in the field of sport/entertainment is necessary.
- High school diploma and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work flow. Ability to demonstrate flexibility to handle multiple tasks and unexpected work while working well under pressure.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, and internet software.
- Proficient verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with employees, clients, officers, and peers in a professional manner.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors, vendors, and facility users.
Physical demands include the following:
- Regularly required to stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to sit; and taste or smell. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions, vibration and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee would occasionally work in high, precarious places or be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud but can be very loud at times.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.