Michigan International Speedway is currently searching for an enthusiastic individual to join the best team in Motorsports, as a Vice President of Business Operations. The Vice President of Business Operations is the team leader responsible for leading and managing the revenue lines of the organization. These would include, but are not limited to, all aspects of ticket sales and sponsorship.
- Provide leadership to the ticketing department in areas of consumer ticket sales, group ticket packages, premium seating and corporate hospitality
- Oversee the successful sales and service areas of sponsorship inventory and corporate suites
- Work closely with the Track President to plan, develop, and implement the organization’s long-term strategic direction for all revenue generating departments
- Develop and oversee the implementation for business plans for all above noted revenue generating departments and ensure team synergy from a strategic perspective
- Develop existing and new corporate partnerships to maximize sales results and increase retention rates
- Provide day-to-day strategic leadership to direct reports and departments
- Assist in creating and maintaining a professional culture that motivates staff to perform to their fullest and achieve personal and professional goals
- Recruit, coach and mentor staff for areas of responsibility in an effort to develop and retain talented sports professionals
- Work closely with ISC leaders and industry stakeholders to uncover revenue generating opportunities through traditional and non-traditional ideas
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sport Management, Marketing or related field a plus
- Previous management/supervisory experience
- Familiarity with a major sports and entertainment venue
- Proven successful sales experience with local and national client relationships
- Superior communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Very strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively
- Self-motivated with positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proven success in running a sales organization in the sports industry and meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills; strong work ethic and ability to work non-traditional hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.