Job Title: Communications Intern
Position Type: Full time: May 14 to August 17, 2018,
Work Schedule: Typically 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F, with some nights and weekends required
Please send a copy of your resume (PDF Format) to Logan Burns at email@example.com
by December 15 with subject line “Intern Applicant”. Please indicate in the body of your email for which position you are applying. If you would like to be considered for more than one available Communications Internship position, please let us know.
Summary: The Communications Department is responsible for the advertising, media relations, public relations, promotions (paid and earned), consumer marketing, community relations and guest communication distribution for Michigan International Speedway. The department intern(s) is/are responsible for assisting all members of the team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to maintain spreadsheets and files
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The individual should be creative, organized and like working in a fast-paced, fun and professional environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: assisting the director and staff with the following department initiatives. Other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Campaigns, messaging, targeting, buying
- Website – spot news, page creative
- Assist with the “Inside Track” publication
- PAs, scoreboard integration
- Assist with MIS Street Team efforts which includes, driving MIS promotional vehicles, executing offsite promotions, set-up, tear-down, guest interaction, data collection, etc.
- Redeveloping Creative — In-house creative for e-mails, flyers, brochures, e-blasts
- Assist with Social Networking efforts
- Brand integration and logo usage
- Help with press releases
- Assist with media outreach efforts
- Podcasts and video news releases and distribution
- Media Center operation on race weekend
- Fan Promotions, MIS Fan Rewards, Kids Club, Welcome Center
- Assist with Consumer Marketing efforts
- Assist with Community Relations efforts
- Assist with the day-to-day activities of the Marketing and Communications Department
- Credential management
- MIS Cares event assistance
- Donation request program management
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables.
EDUCATION: High school diploma; some college a plus (emphasis in Communications, Advertising, Sales or Marketing)