Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS) is searching for enthusiastic, outgoing, and hard-working interns for the Marketing and Communications department.
- Assist the marketing and communications team with extensive activities including (but not limited to) in-market promotions, advertising, media promotions, ticket sales, event marketing, grassroots marketing, digital media, community relations, youth marketing and creative.
- Assist the Communications team with press releases, driver in-market events and other various communications projects.
- Assist with marketing initiatives including the pre-race festivities for the track’s 2020 NASCAR weekend, March 20-22.
- Assist with event management in the Media Center during the track’s 2020 NASCAR weekend, March 20-22.
- The ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays if necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Mac OS
- Must be available for community event weekends throughout the duration of the internship
- Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Sports Administration or Sports Management majors are preferred.
- Journalism: excellent writing skills; familiarity with AP Style (will be expected to author/assist with feature stories, press releases, website content and sales brochures)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of the automotive and motorsports industries are a plus.
- Bilingual candidate a plus.
- Ideal candidate will be professional, timely, organized, detail-oriented, dependable, hard-working and willing to learn.
- Approximately 40 hours a week, excluding major event weekends.
- Approximate Internship Start Date/ End Date: January 6 to March 27 - covers the 2020 NASCAR weekend (March 20-22)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.