Responsible for managing and integration of the non-financial communications, public relations and community functions for International Speedway Corporation. This position will report to the SVP, Corporate Services and will work closely with ISC Executive Leadership team, as well as various departments within ISC and the company’s individual business units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist in the development of and integration of the annual non-financial communication plan for ISC, focused on generating positive coverage for major corporate initiatives, real estate development, reaching target audiences, capitalizing on positive business trends for media coverage, and integrating ISC and its brands into the news narrative locally and nationally.Prepare non-financial communications materials including press releases, messaging, Q&A documents, pitch materials, op-eds and Letters to the Editors, and other collateral as directed by supervisor for the following areas:
- Corporate developments such as ONE DAYTONA and Kansas development and future ISC ventures
- Partner and manage community contacts and content for the ISC ventures
- Public affairs and governmental issues
- Community Involvement and communications
- Sustainability initiatives
- Corporate partnerships and sponsorship trends
- Executive presentations and speaking engagements
- Other areas as directed by supervisor
Respond to media inquiries and when appropriate, act as company spokesperson.Build relationships with key local and national media, ISC Business Unit PR staff, NASCAR IMC staff and other key industry personnel such as the, and media outlets that reach existing and new fan target segments.Collaborate closely with ISC social media managers on all communication efforts to maximize digital reach.Oversee the maintenance and distribution of the ISC Crisis Communication Plan.Maintain the relevant non-financial areas of the ISC corporate website.Collaborate closely with various corporate departments on communication initiatives such as:
- Human Resources: Employee communication
- Corporate Development: Development projects
- Partnership Marketing: Sponsorship announcements and trends
- Industry Communications Team
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; with three to five years related experience in-house or agency. Excellent computer and communication skills are required. Experience in sports industry and/or real estate development. Motorsports industry is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.