Reports to: Director, Marketing
Homestead-Miami Speedway is hiring a Coordinator, Marketing & Multicultural Development to promote motorsports, and specifically NASCAR racing to audiences locally, regionally and nationally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities for the Coordinator, Marketing & Multicultural Development position include:
Developing a short and long term marketing plans within the multicultural space in the South Florida community.
- Determining target multicultural markets and choosing the proper media to reach them.
- Identifying, coordinating and implementing target-specific promotions with track and event sponsors.
- Oversee creation of Spanish-language collateral including posters, ticket brochures, postcards, etc.
- Developing promotional relationships with Hispanic radio/TV stations to improve on-air/in-market consumer promotions.
- Creating multicultural Fan Development strategies throughout the calendar year
- Creating and executing a strategy to connect with multicultural populations via large-scale events, neighborhood programs, special interest programs, community-based organizations, appearances, clinics, etc.
- Participating and networking within the Hispanic community and industry. Get involved in industry related associations and community organizations.
- Creating and administering the delivery of brand-specific e-newsletters to Hispanic community.
- Creating and overseeing specific strategies for all digital and social media outlets for Hispanic community.
- Work closely and effectively with other internal departments and external stakeholders to ensure goals are being met.
- Contribute to all areas of the marketing/communications department, including but not limited to youth programs, pre-race entertainment and event promotion.
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English and Spanish, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively manage/coordinate simultaneous projects, and successfully prioritize multiple tasks with good judgment.
- Self-starter, career-orientated professional.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports.
- Proven written and presentation skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Must be able to work flexible schedules including weekends, nights and holidays.
- Minimum 3+ Years experience in marketing, public relations, sports management, communications and/or Hispanic community relations preferred.
Usual office working conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities, duties, functions and tasks.
Special Position Requirements
Position may require travel as needed.
The Speedway has been open since 1995 following an initiative to spur economic recovery in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew. The 650-acre facility is active more than 300 days per year and will host NASCAR’s championship races during Ford Championship Weekend (November 15-17, 2019) for the 18th consecutive year. The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series championship Ford EcoBoost 400 is broadcast live on TV and radio to 200 countries in 24 languages. Homestead-Miami Speedway, featuring a 1.5-mile oval and 2.21-mile road course, generates more than $300 million annually for the region.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.