Daytona International Speedway is a state-of-the-art motorsports facility and was awarded the SportsBusiness Journal’s prestigious Sports Business Award for Sports Facility of the Year in 2016. Daytona International Speedway is the home of "The Great American Race” – the DAYTONA 500. Though the season-opening NASCAR Cup Series event garners most of the attention – as well as the largest audience in motorsports – the approximately 500-acre motorsports complex, also known as the “World Center of Racing,” boasts the most diverse schedule of racing on the globe. In addition to at least nine major event weekends, the Speedway grounds are also used extensively for events that include concerts, civic and social gatherings, car shows, photo shoots, production vehicle testing and police motorcycle training.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Public Relations/Digital Marketing Intern for Spring 2020.
This position will report jointly to the Director of Public Relations and the Director of Digital Strategy and will perform duties assigned by the Marketing and Communications team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with public relations and digital marketing efforts
- Assist with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube management/updates
- Assist with website and mobile app content management/updates
- Assist with mobile app strategy and execution, including beacon and push messaging
- Assist with coordinating and executing onsite social media fan engagement efforts
- Attend pre/post event planning meetings
- Assist with writing of press releases
- Assist with coordinating logistics for advance media events
- Assist with pre-race media center preparations
- Assist with pre-race press conferences
- Assist with developing talking points for radio, print and television interviews
- Assist with the ISC Archives and Research Center
Events to include:
- The Roar Before The Rolex 24 (January 3-5, 2020)
- BMW Endurance Challenge (January 24, 2020)
- Rolex 24 At DAYTONA (January 25-26, 2020)
- DAYTONA Speedweeks Presented by AdventHealth - (February 8-16, 2020)
- Lucas Oil 200 Driven By General Tire (February 8, 2020)
- The Clash At DAYTONA (February 9, 2020)
- DAYTONA 500 Qualifying Presented By Kroger (February 9, 2020)
- Duel at DAYTONA (February 13, 2020)
- NextEra Energy Resource 250 (February 14, 2020)
- NASCAR Racing Experience 300 (February 15, 2020)
- DAYTONA 500 (February 16, 2020)
- Bike Week at Daytona - (March 7-14, 2020)
- DAYTONA Supercross (March 7, 2020)
- DAYTONA 200 (March 14, 2020)
Spring interns are to start January 2, 2019 and run until March 20, 2020.
Housing not provided. Intern will be paid minimum wage.
- Currently pursuing a degree or recent graduate in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Sports Management
- Organization and communication skills
- Writing experience with press releases and web site copy
- A team player who is committed to the success of the event
- Knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe, Photoshop etc.)
- Knowledge of social media marketing and related applications (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube)
- Website coding language (HTML, CSS, etc.) knowledge preferred but not required
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays during internship
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.