Key member of the SMX production/creative team with ability to supervise all aspects of a live (off-tube) broadcast; cut-down the telecasts for post-production distribution and pull elements from the broadcasts for use on other SMX programs across broadcast, live event and social media. Ability to produce and edit long and short form feature programming, including tune-in and promotional spots that can be consumed on multiple platforms. Versatile professional to develop, create and execute the highest quality television product.
- Manages the actions of the production team for live second language broadcasts; including announcers, videographers, editors, production assistants.
- Works with the talent to develop storylines for the telecasts.
- Directs the talent before, during and after the telecasts.
- Writes copy for talent as necessary and supervises voice-overs.
- Participates in developing style, transitions and production techniques.
- Develop/edits all aspects of telecasts and feature segments including bumpers, teases, b-roll, promos, tune-in spots, etc.
- Edits additional content as assigned for long and short form programming.
- Attends production meetings.
- Performs video logging, helps organize tape library or performs other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Works on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven track record for successful crafting and supervising live sports broadcasts.
- Bi-lingual or fundamental understanding of Spanish.
- Minimum of 4 years producing “live” sporting events for broadcast and digital distribution.
- Minimum of 4 years editing feature content for live and pre-packaged sporting events.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays, must be able to adapt with little notice.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance absolutely essential.
Superior knowledge of sports and Super motocross essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in production, broadcasting or related field.
Skills & Abilities:
Understanding of building and managing show rundowns and formats.
- Ability to lead a team of technical staff and announcers, team player.
- Ability to produce compelling long and short form feature programming for use across platforms.
- Excellent basic computer skills and knowledge of mainstream editing platforms.
- Poise under pressure and ability to meet deadlines.
Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and make content decisions.
- Outstanding communications skills, strong work ethic and leadership qualities.
Superior knowledge of latest technologies in feature production and graphics.
Understanding of television, digital and post-production workflows.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.