In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.Summary:
Formulate, develop and implement all safety and compliance functions for Feld Entertainment, Inc. Design and direct programs to reduce incidents, accidents, and occupational illness through a comprehensive plan that includes establishing safety standards, compliance with regulations, employee training, job safety and risk analysis, and an on-going assessment of the effectiveness of the program while providing regular performance reports to management.
*** A resume is required in order to be considered for this position.Essential Functions:
- Serves as an Environmental Health & Safety liaison amongst Feld executive management and business units and global colleagues.
- Participates in the development of strategies, policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy workplace at all fixed facilities and traveling show operations.
- Manages safety staff; including establishing safety goals, objectives, performance standards and appraises employee performance.
- Plans and conducts evaluations of potentially hazardous conditions. Advises senior management and employees on safe practices and potential hazards and corrective actions.
- Recommends plans for meeting legal requirements as well as establishing and maintaining safety principles for Associates and the public.
- Oversees safety program audits at all traveling shows and fixed facilities both foreign and domestic. Monitors program effectiveness. Works with and coaches appropriate managers and supervisors to implement corrective or preventative measures. Implements or recommends mitigation measures and follows up to ensure impact.
- Oversees development and implementation of the company safety policies and procedures for all Feld business units and establishes written performance standards, goals and objectives.
- Monitors compliance with local/state ordinances, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and monitors regulatory arena for new/changing regulations and rulemaking.
- Oversees investigations of accidents involving employees and patrons.
- Works with risk management and workers compensation units to aggressively manage all insurance claims.
- Review all contractor and vendor safety programs. Regularly inspects their operations to assure compliance with Feld Entertainment’s safety and health requirements.
- 8-10 years of safety management experience, preferably with sports and entertainment or other large public access venues.
- Professional certification: Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Commands leadership qualities through exhibiting strong technical safety skills, presentation skills and management organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel: 30% - 40%
Given the touring nature of Feld Entertainment’s business, COVID vaccination is strongly encouraged for successful candidates.
International Touring Personnel:
To the extent international touring personnel are visiting a jurisdiction that requires vaccination, proof of vaccination in accordance with the relevant international law should be submitted directly to either the Tour Manager or to Human Resources at least six weeks prior to the start of the tour. The Company will maintain all information regarding vaccination status as confidential in accordance with applicable laws. The Company cannot guarantee employment for any Associate who is unable to satisfy foreign entry requirements.
Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees will remain in effect until further notice as do applicable venue, local, state and/or international requirements, rules, regulations and/or laws, if any.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world