Travel Specialist - UFC (Las Vegas · NV)
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Sao Paulo, Moscow, and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy, delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription service with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
- Provides travel arrangements for UFC events and/or non-event travel requests within company guidelines and standards for excellent customer service.
- Researches travel options using the Amadeus GDS, Concur Travel or other appropriate online resources, including flights, hotels, conference/meeting rooms, rental cars, chauffeured cars (limos, SUVs, town cars) or other needs as requested.
- Completes end-to-end reservation process, including choice of options, travel approval, ticketing, payment and appropriate financial coding.
- Provides support to users of Concur Travel and ensures each Company traveler is enabled to complete online travel requests wherever possible.
- Provides appropriate travel arrangements for Event travel needs for all attending travelers and maintains all Event travel information in the in-house Event tool.
- Project manages Arrivals and Departures event group lists.
- Provides appropriate travel arrangements for non-event travel needs, including, flights, hotels, conference or meeting room arrangements, rental cars or chauffeured cars (limos, SUVs, town cars), or other needs as requested and approved.
- Makes any adjustments required to already-made travel plans where such adjustments are needed for foreseen or unforeseen circumstances.
- Prepares and distributes itineraries to requestor of travel and follows up with each individual to verify that they received it and that they do not have any questions or concerns.
- Monitors weather and news for any circumstances that may cause airport delays and assist travelers with operational disruptions.
- Reconciles monthly charges incurred for hotels, rental cars, car service and other travel related services.
- Prepares invoices for flight or mileage reimbursements and ensures these are processed with the internal Finance team.
- Maintains and continuously updates contact and other travel relevant information on file for athletes and staff.
- Maintains detailed records of each expense charged to Company credit cards and assists Accounting with reconciliation of travel card charges.
- Assist Operations Team with local events as necessary.
- Remains on stand-by status to make travel arrangements as necessary for unforeseen circumstances.
- High school diploma or GED, college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of detailed, busy customer service experience, preferably from an airline or Corporate Travel Management environment.
- 3 years significant travel scheduling experience required. Ideally, scheduling travel for large corporation or significant event scheduling experience.
- Documented experience using the GDS Amadeus system, Concur Travel booking platform and other travel booking technologies.
- Superior knowledge of travel industry such as flights, trains, rental cars, limousine services, hotel and conference accommodations.
- Ability to plan, to organize, and effectively arrange for travel of large numbers of individuals and multiple events simultaneously.
- Very Customer-service driven.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing with individuals in all levels of the organization.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel, Basic level skills with Microsoft Word, and Outlook and ability to learn other basic computer programs.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet.
- Provide on call emergency Travel assistance.
Zuffa, LLC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
Zuffa, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you have previous work experience with a travel agency, airline, or similar organization?
Do you have experience scheduling travel for large groups or events? Please provide additional information about your experience.
Is your primary GDS Amadeus? Please tell us a little about your proficiency.
What specifically interests you about this opportunity?