Travel Coordinator with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in Las Vegas · NV
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Sao Paulo, Moscow and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
UFC offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life, supplemental life, short-term disability and 401(k) with a company match. Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. We have a regular wellness calendar for employees featuring health and nutritional classes. The Las Vegas office participates annually in a citywide Corporate Challenge. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
This position is responsible for coordinating all company event and non-event travel. This position coordinates all aspects of travel arrangements, including flights, rental car, hotels, car services etc., done on the CONCUR online system and/or with off-site Zuffa licensed travel agents. This position has significant fiduciary responsibility, and follows specific company standards and guidelines in making travel decisions and arrangements in the most efficient and economical manner.
- Arranges travel arrangements for UFC events and/or non-event travel requests within company guidelines and standards for excellent customer service.
- Upon receipt of approved UFC Travel Request Forms or upon request by a Zuffa Executive, arranges for appropriate travel arrangements for non-event travel needs, including, flights, hotels, conference or meeting room arrangements, rental cars or chauffeured cars (limos, SUVs, town cars), or other needs as requested and approved. May make adjustments to arrangements prior to and during the time of the travel as necessary.
- Receives travel request forms and forwards the form to the company immigration department, who will verify the required travel documents for international travel.
- Researches travel options using online resources, Concur travel booking tool or Zuffa licensed travel agent partners.
- Prepares and distributes itineraries to requestor of travel and follows up with each individual to verify that they received it and that they do not have any questions or concerns.
- Monitors weather and news for any circumstances that may cause airport delays and assists travelers with operational disruptions.
- Monthly reconciling of cost incurred for hotels, rental cars, and car service.
- Prepares invoices for flight or mileage reimbursements.
- Verifies and updates contact information for fighters and staff.
- Verifies which members of each fighter’s team (Corner, Managers, Translators, etc.) are traveling and the dates that each member will be arriving and departing.
- In coordination with Public Relations, makes arrangements for flights, hotel accommodations, and transportation needs for Public Relations tours and events.
- Verifies any contract specific travel specifications that may be required for each fighter for Public Relations tours and events and arranges travel needs accordingly.
- Maintains detailed records of each expense that is charged to the Zuffa travel credit card and assists Accounting with reconciliation of travel card charges.
- Assist Operations Team with local events as necessary.
- Remains on stand-by status to make travel arrangements as necessary for unforeseen circumstances.
- High school diploma or GED, college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of detailed, busy customer service experience, preferably from an airline or travel agent environment.
- 1-2 years significant travel scheduling experience required. Ideally, scheduling travel for large corporation or significant event scheduling experience.
- Fluency in Amadeus GDS system.
- Experience with Concur Travel booking platform and other travel technologies desirable.
- General knowledge of travel industry such as flights, trains, rental cars, limousine services, hotel and conference accommodations.
- Ability to plan, to organize, and effectively arrange for travel of large numbers of individuals and multiple events simultaneously.
- Very customer-service driven.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing with individuals in all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel, Basic level skills with Microsoft Word, and Outlook and ability to learn other basic computer programs.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have previous work experience with a travel agency, airline, or similar organization?
Do you have experience scheduling travel for large groups or events? Please provide additional information about your experience.
Is your primary GDS Amadeus? Please tell us a little about your proficiency.
What specifically interests you about this opportunity?