Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has offices in United States, London, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo and Russia.
Strategy for Winning:
The Social Media Coordinator will help execute social media strategy while working closely with multiple departments to create awareness and develop initiatives that enhance the brand across Europe and the Middle East. The position’s primary responsibilities include strategic promotion ahead of fight cards both in EMEA and worldwide, composing engaging copy, editing short-form videos, as well as live-event coverage on all @UFCEurope platforms.
1. Executes the content calendar and helps develop future social media strategy across Europe and the Middle East.
2. Engages a wide range of sports fans from Europe and the Middle East using short, engaging copy.
3. Acts as our athletes’ point of call for any social media enquires and helps them to build their profile.
4. Maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders, including broadcasters and sponsorship partners.
5. Has an “always on” approach to monitoring our universe and interacting with athletes, celebrities and influencers.
6. Manages creative requests and asset delivery for our social media channels.
7. Supports the creation of content at live events in Europe and the Middle East.
Skills & Experience:
1. Good knowledge of MMA, the UFC and its athletes and personalities.
2. Experience managing social channels for a brand, sports or media company.
3. The ability to repackage video for social media channels.
4. Experience in running social media “second screen" during live events.
5. Strong knowledge of Photoshop and editing software such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro. After Effects would be an asset.
6. At least once a month you would be required to work through the night covering live events.
7. Photography and videographer experience would be a benefit.
8. Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
9. A basic understanding of the sporting broadcast landscape and live rights and restrictions.
10. A passion for social media.
11. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
12. Ability to travel across Europe, Russia, Middle East and the US.
13. Experience with Spredfast or similar platform would be an asset.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.