Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has offices in the U.S., London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo.
Strategy for Winning:
The UFC's Toronto, Canada office has a unique opportunity to join the team as the Social Media and Digital Content Coordinator. The selected candidate will shape and execute social media strategy, while working closely with multiple departments to create awareness and develop initiatives that enhance the brand in the Canadian market. The position performs strategic promotion ahead of fight cards, as well as live-event coverage on all UFC Canada platforms. The role requires developing distinct social media voices for both English- and French-Canadian fans. The main responsibilities include work in social media, digital, translation, video production and editorial. The position will also work with Canadian athletes to bolster their social engagement and followers. This is an exciting position that requires a dynamic individual who thrives outside a 9-to-5 environment.
We are seeking candidate who are currently in the Toronto, Canada region.
Fluency in English and French required.
1. Develops and executes Canadian social media strategy, in both English and French Canada
2. Drives UFC brand, pay-per-view, broadcast and star-building initiatives through social media platforms
3. Creates distinct voices for both English- and French-Canadian accounts
4. Creatively engages fans on social media ahead of, and during, UFC events to build audience by posting social assets and cutting live fight highlights and GIFs
5. Develops and maintains strong relationships with Canadian UFC athletes as ‘go-to’ person for any social media related inquiries
6. Performs the role with an ‘always on’ approach to social media, constantly monitoring athletes, celebrities, influencers, memes and trends
7. Manages marketing, creative, digital and broadcast asset delivery for social platforms
8. Supports sponsorship and marketing activations through social media
9. Translates creative and video assets, as well as press materials into French
10. Works with digital team to ensure localization of UFC.ca
11. Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned
12. Some travel may be required
1. Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing or other related area
2. Prior experience in translation services is a strong asset
3. Must be fluent in English and French, both verbal and written
4. Experience in sports marketing, special events, or entertainment industry desired
5. Passion for social media marketing, with strong understanding of trends and best practices
6. Ability to work independently and thrive in a multi-task, fast-paced environment
7. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
8. Ability to communicate effectively
9. Hardworking and self-motivated
10. Ability to maintain confidential information
11. Creative and adept at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
12. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
13. Experience with Spredfast is an asset
14. Familiarity with UFC events and fighters is an asset
15. Working knowledge of Microsoft products and the ability to learn other basic computer programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.