Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Moscow, and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
This position provides administrative support to our Payroll Administrator. This role assists with payroll processing, reporting, and ensuring data accuracy within payroll systems. This position works 20 hours a week.
- Supports team to ensure accurate processing and recording of UFC bi-weekly payrolls for approximately 300 domestic employees.
- Assists with collecting pay data for processing, including new hires, terminations, changes; coordinates with Human Resources regarding personnel changes (e.g. short-term disabilities, terminations, pay rate changes, etc.)
- Helps ensure accurate time keeping with extremely tight turn-around deadlines.
- Assists with processing child support and garnishment orders.
- Assists with processing off-cycle paychecks as necessary.
- Coordinates with employees, department managers, Human Resources, and Finance & Accounting staff to resolve payroll-related issues as they arise.
- Researches and resolves issues that may arise with notices from various tax jurisdictions.
- Assists with year-end payroll reporting and preparation of W-2 forms.
- Ad hoc reporting on an as-needed basis.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ payroll experience required; experience processing multi-state payroll preferred.
- Familiarity with Paylocity is a plus.
- Current knowledge of federal and state regulations regarding payroll; understanding of proper taxation of employer-paid benefits is a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Must possess problem-solving and analytical skills, initiative, and the ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential material and communication with employees at all levels of the business.
UFC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.