Internship - Sport Science - Summer 2020 with UFC in Las Vegas · NV
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Sao Paulo, Moscow, and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy, delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content and more!
Strategy for Winning:
Our office consists of people who are passionate, dedicated and innovative. This program offers you, as the intern, the opportunity to become directly involved in the day to day activities in the UFC Performance Institute. We strive to make your internship experience challenging and interesting and make every effort to tailor it to your specific career aspirations.
This position offers the opportunity for continued education in the field of Sports science (physiology, biomechanics, data analytics) the opportunity to gain hands on experience working with elite athletes.
- Assists the Sport Science Director in any monitoring and assessment-related tasks
- Assists the Sport Science Director in planning and preparing testing and evaluation activities.
- Implements monitoring and assessment interventions as required.
- Undertakes data handling, data basing, and data analytics as required
- Ensures that the cleanliness and hygiene of the laboratory environments and associated equipment is maintained within the facility
- Acts in an inter-disciplinary role with other technical areas to support Sport Science requirements as required.
- Evaluates technologies and new innovations within the sports science domain as required.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an institution of higher education pursuing a degree relevant to the internship.
- Candidates must have an outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
- Candidates must possess strong data management and analysis skills.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to deliver a variety of physiological testing protocols and the capacity to follow methodological procedures.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to deliver outcome goals effectively.
- Candidates must have a strong desire to work with elite combat athletes
- Experience working with athletes from weight-categorized sports is desired.
UFC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
This is a paid internship, but does not provide housing, relocation or transportation assistance.
How did you hear about this job?
What level are you in your academic program (junior, senior, graduate student)?
What do you want to learn from this experience, and please, don't tell us that you want to learn the day-to-day operations of a sports organization or a department. We want to make sure that the experience helps build the skills and knowledge necessary to help you get to your career goals. So, specifically, what do you want to learn from the experience?
What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation? Explain in as much detail as possible.
When do you expect to graduate?