Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Moscow, and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy, delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
Our office consists of people who are passionate, dedicated and innovative. This program offers you, as the intern, the opportunity to become directly involved in the day to day activities in the UFC Performance Institute. We strive to make your internship experience challenging and interesting and make every effort to tailor it to your specific career aspirations.
At the UFC Performance Institute (UFCPI) we deliver performance-impacting physical preparation, sport science, and medical services to the world’s best MMA and combat athletes. Our core values are aligned to maximizing the health & wellbeing of UFC athletes, and to support athletes and coaches optimize their training, preparation, and ultimately their performance in the octagon.
The UFC Performance Institute is seeking a Sports Science Intern to support the delivery of physiological monitoring, data analysis, and sport science services within our new state-of-the-art facility. The internship will assist the Sport Science Director in delivering performance-enhancing services to elite MMA athletes accessing the UFCPI on a daily basis. The Intern will have the opportunity to be involved with a variety of essential tasks; including the monitoring of physiological responses to training, assessing physical performance standards, undertaking data management and data analysis, generating reports and data visualization for coaches and athletes, evaluating new technologies and innovations, and other associated tasks as required. Sports science represents a critical component in the UFCPI’s portfolio of services, and this internship position is central in supporting our efforts to provide world-leading services to MMA athletes.
In addition to the monetary compensation provided, this position offers the opportunity for continued education in the field of Sports science (physiology, biomechanics, data analytics). The internship supports the fulfillment of any credit hours towards a degree program, and the successful candidate will gain hands on experience working with elite athletes.
- Assist the Sport Science Director in any monitoring and assessment-related tasks
- Assist the Sport Science Director in planning and preparing testing and evaluation activities.
- Implement monitoring and assessment interventions as required.
- Undertake data handling, data basing, and data analytics as required
- Ensure that the cleanliness and hygiene of the laboratory environments and associated equipment is maintained within the facility
- Act in an inter-disciplinary role with other technical areas to support Sport Science requirements as required.
- Evaluate technologies and new innovations within the sports science domain as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Candidates must be enrolled in an institution of higher education pursuing a degree relevant to the internship.
- Candidates must have an outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
- Candidates must possess strong data management and analysis skills.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to deliver a variety of physiological testing protocols and the capacity to follow methodological procedures.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work independently on assigned tasks and to deliver outcome goals effectively.
- Candidates must have a strong desire to work with elite combat athletes
- Experience working with athletes from weight-categorized sports is desired.
UFC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
This is a paid internship, but does not provide housing, relocation or transportation assistance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.