Internship - Finance/Accounting - Spring 2020 with Ultimate Fighting Championship in Las Vegas · NV
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Moscow, and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
Our office consists of people who are passionate, dedicated and innovative.
- Develop an understanding and ability to use the finance department’s primary software tools: JD Edwards (accounting system) and Insight (financial statement, analysis and forecasting tool).
- Help with the preparation of event budgets from beginning with the original budget through to populating the actual results. Highlight any major discrepancies between forecasted event budgets and actual results.
- Enter historical department, territory and event budget and actual information into Insight.
- Learn how to forecast and prepare an annual budget for a mid-size company
- Learn how to maintain and track that budget as actual results occur during the year
- Understand the external audit process and the requirements that must be complied with by companies
We are seeking candidates that are:
- Sports Management, Finance or Business majors, or other programs relevant to Accounting, Finance or Business. Junior, Senior or Graduate level preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Outgoing friendly personality with excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Team player.
- Willing to learn and grow.
This is a paid internship, but does not provide housing, relocation or transportation assistance.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Zuffa conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
How did you hear about this job?
What level are you in your academic program (junior, senior, graduate student)?
What do you want to learn from this experience, and please, don't tell us that you want to learn the day-to-day operations of a sports organization or a department. We want to make sure that the experience helps build the skills and knowledge necessary to help you get to your career goals. So, specifically, what do you want to learn from the experience?
What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation? Explain in as much detail as possible.
When do you expect to graduate?