Become a Champion with us:
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
This position is based in Las Vegas, the UFC’s hometown and the Fight Capital of the World. Las Vegas matches the passion and energy of the UFC and offers a vast array of entertainment, restaurants, spas, golf courses, shops and accommodations. The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Moscow, and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Zuffa offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life, supplemental life, short-term disability and 401(k) with a company match. Our Las Vegas office has an on-site gym with cardio equipment, weight machines and free weights. We have a regular wellness calendar for employees featuring health and nutritional classes. The Las Vegas office participates annually in a citywide Corporate Challenge. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
Strategy for Winning:
This position owns the digital video strategy across web, social and YouTube, from planning to editing, to delivering assets to stakeholders. This position works exclusively with the digital media teams and producers to create engaging, thought-provoking and creative content that plays across all digital platforms. The individual who fills this role is a swiss-army knife and must be able to work in a collaborative space while also thriving independently to complete projects on deadline.
- Shoots and edits long-form and short-form content for digital platforms, but with the potential for linear distribution.
- Creates compelling content in response to a content brief, but also able to work in the moment.
- Ensures that high production values, brand principles and standards are maintained across all platforms.
- Works with multiple stakeholders.
- Organizes and manages media (raw footage, final edits, etc.) and integrates into UFC’s production systems and flow.
- Provides general sound design and color correction.
- Participates in the upkeep of camera and editing equipment.
- Travels globally.
- Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years editing experience on both short-form and long-form projects for digital platforms.
- Must have strong grasp of the latest editing techniques and visual trends.
- Must be proficient in HD workflow, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Studio Suite, After Effects, Photoshop, and have solid technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience shooting with a variety of cameras (Sony, Canon, Red, etc.)
- Must have excellent time management and project management skills in order to multitask and beat deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Must be able to think conceptually and executionally to tell visual stories and push boundaries.
- Must have great communication and storytelling skills to convey your approach and techniques to internal team members.
- Receptive to notes and feedback throughout the editing process.
- Proficiency in motion graphics a plus.
- Experience with 3D modeling and animation a plus
- Passion for or knowledge of UFC and MMA a plus
- Ability to work well with on-screen talent
- Must be able to work irregular hours and travel frequently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products and the ability to learn other basic computer programs.
UFC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.