Consumer Insights Analyst/Jr. Consumer Insights Analyst with UFC in Las Vegas, NV
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Moscow and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
UFC offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life, supplemental life, short-term disability and 401(k) with a company match. Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy,delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. We have a regular wellness calendar for employees featuring health and nutritional classes. The Las Vegas office participates annually in a citywide Corporate Challenge. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content and more!
Strategy for Winning:
This position is responsible for contributing to the development and delivery of best-in-class consumer research & insights, leveraging primary and secondary data to deepen the organization’s understanding of its global fan base.
- Assists in the exploration, discovery, and description of consumer-based insights that are both objective and comprehensive using primary and secondary market research sources
- Manages TV ratings and audience data requests on a recurring basis using Nielsen TV tools
- Contributes to the execution of qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Translates data insights into helpful & actionable recommendations to support data-driven decision making across numerous departments
- Develops presentations for internal and external audiences
- Develops, supports, and contributes to the execution of various analytical projects
- Leverages in-house and 3rd party tools for data aggregation, organization, and regularly-scheduled data tracking
- Other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Market Research, Economics, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an analytical role for a consumer-focused firm or consultancy
- Skill using Excel for data analysis & experience using PowerPoint for presentation development
- Able to effectively manage time, be flexible, and juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills and ability to continually dig beyond the surface to transform data into deeper-level, actionable insights
- Ability to utilize internal databases and 3rd party data management software
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn and continuously improve
- Highly motivated individual
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Display good interpersonal skills, including a positive, collaborative attitude
- Experience with Nielsen NPOWER, Scarborough PrimeLingo, Simmons Oneview, or GlobalWebIndex data tools preferred but not required
UFC Conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have experience working in data analysis or consumer insights? If so, what companies?
What is your proficiency with Excel? Scale of 1 to 10 (10 being highest)
What is your proficiency with Powerpoint? Scale of 1 to 10 (10 being highest)
List any data tools you have experience with, i.e. Nielsen NPOWER, PrimeLingo, Simmons Oneview, GlobalWebindex, etc.
What specifically interests you about this position?