General Manager, UFC APEX - UFC (Las Vegas · NV)
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be the very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With a team of champions in the office, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success. Our growth both in and outside of the Octagon has revolutionized the fight business and made the UFC the world’s leading mixed martial arts promoter and largest pay-per-view event provider. We are universally recognized for our action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. Come join us as we progress at a rate never-before-seen in the professional sports world.
The UFC, owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, has additional offices in London, Toronto, Sao Paulo, Moscow, and Shanghai.
The Ultimate Opportunity:
Our Las Vegas office has an on-site Cafe serving healthy, delicious breakfast and lunch and a state of the art Performance Center that employees have access to. And, all employees receive UFC FIGHT PASS, a digital subscription services with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand, original content, The Ultimate Fighter television show and more!
- Directly supervises a team of Managers, Coordinators, and Assistants who support the overall operation of UFC APEX.
- Plans, organizes, and directs all activities and personnel engaged in the operation and maintenance of the facility, including broadcast operations center and sound stages.
- Drives promotion of the facility and secures bookings to maximize venue utilization and drive revenue.
- Negotiates lease agreements and provides final approval of all contracts and agreements with suppliers, vendors, and promoters for necessary activities and services at the facility.
- Oversees and directs the development of annual operating calendars, activity schedules, and revenue projections for UFC APEX.
- Prepares, implements and monitors a detailed program budget and oversees cost accounting required of assigned events to include facility rental, box office fees, house equipment rentals, supplies and services purchased, and other related costs.
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative working relationships with key internal stakeholders, government agencies, community & civic organizations, and members within the entertainment and convention industry to encourage continual and regular use of the facilities.
- Directs the day-to-day operations at UFC APEX, ensuring proper coordination of plans, programs, and events, and manages internal workflow.
- Coordinates and oversees the installation, preparation, maintenance, removal and conversion of all staging and equipment for all event areas.
- Assumes management responsibility for all services and activities involved in the operations of the facility including event set-up and tear down, load-in/load-out, changeovers, building maintenance and housekeeping.
- Oversees the coordination, implementation, and administration of facility initiatives to drive corporate directives including training & development, energy efficiency, health & safety, emergency procedures, crisis management, crowd control, or other areas as identified.
- Works closely with concession partner(s) to design strategies and implementation of food and beverage program, including general concessions and catering options for both public and private events.
- Conducts post-event operational and financial review and analysis.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates venue staff and third-party vendors.
- Other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Public Administration, or a related field.
- 5-7 years of senior management experience within an arena, stadium, convention center, theatre or similar.
- Knowledge of event operations, broadcast operations, facility capabilities, industry terminology, and event-related services.
- Demonstrated ability to book live entertainment and considerable knowledge of event solicitation and presentation, live event production, broadcast operations and event planning.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles and practices used in successful management of entertainment facilities of a similar description.
- Solid understanding of and ability to implement and enforce safety regulations and other federal, state or local laws and regulations.
- Strong orientation towards hospitality and customer service for the meeting, convention, sports and entertainment industry.
- Knowledge of facility operating standards, building maintenance, custodial, personnel and office management.
- Strong leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage performance, give and receive constructive feedback, and motivate team members.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment under significant pressure with tight deadlines.
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours and weekdays.
- Highly adaptable and able to manage competing demands, frequent changes, delays and unexpected events.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Zuffa, LLC conducts pre-employment drug and background screens.
Please describe your experience in live event production, broadcast operations and event planning.
How many years of experience do you have managing operations in an arena, stadium or similar event space?