Proof of the Pudding is proud to be the food service provider for Gas South District. Offering fine-quality concessions and catering for meetings, exhibit hall booths, conventions, and special events. Gas South Convention Center includes a 9,800 sq. ft. state-of-the-art space.
We are seeking an eager and experienced Sous Chef to provide strong culinary support to the Gas South team. The Sous Chef will work closely with the Executive Chef and kitchen team with the goal of consistently producing menu items according to recipes and BEOs in high volume, creating innovative menu concepts, and developing team members to succeed and grow.
This role will office out of and have a primary focus on convention center events but may help support multiple venues within the Gas South Region. Gas South Region consists of five venues in and around Gwinnett County; Gas South Convention Center, Gas South Arena, Buford Community Center, Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, and the University of Georgia. With a mixture of events, concessions, and premium hospitality throughout the region.
Responsible for assisting in all culinary aspects with the Gas South District Convention Center. If it involves food, it involves you!
- Execution of events and food service while maintaining the highest level of food quality and presentation
- Capable of producing a consistent product in high volume
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen/food service areas
- Assist in the development and implementation of creative menu items that adhere to the Proof of the Pudding standard
- Creating and maintaining the overall moral of the kitchen and culinary team
- Schedules Staff and food production in accordance with the demands of business, the direction of Executive Chef and Company policies
- Assists Executive Chef with logistical planning and execution of events as directed
- Assisting in the hiring process and training of new employees
- This position will require some travel mainly within the Gas South Region with the possibility of supporting other POP locations in accordance with business demands
- Assists the Executive Chef with assigned tasks as needed.
Performs other related duties as needed.
- 2+ years in a leadership/supervisory culinary role
- Must have impeccable integrity for the business, the community and the Proof of the Pudding Team.
- Possess the necessary qualities of self- motivation, desire to learn, and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, demanding, collaborative environment
- Possess the necessary interpersonal skills and demeanor for maintaining a safe, equitable and inclusive work environment
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to run a business as if you own it
- Exhibit cooking skills, knowledge, and food handling skills consistent with contemporary training and have the desire to learn more
COMPANY CORE VALUE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Business Acumen - Demonstrate comprehension of the job, including policies, practices, and relationships. Possess the expertise and skill levels required of the job and perform with quality.
Dedication - Dependable, reliable and follows through on projects from inception to completion. Willing to put in as much time as necessary to complete tasks. Demonstrate a win-win attitude: “see it, own it, solve it.”
Ethics and Integrity - Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the company’s culture, values and beliefs while maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct.
Safety & Security - Observe safety and security standards. Use equipment and materials properly. Comply with safety standards and personal protective equipment requirements. Report potential unsafe conditions or practices to appropriate person immediately. Promote restaurant safety, cleanliness and security compliance at all times.
Teamwork - Cooperate and be willing to work as a team player to achieve goals and tasks accurately, efficiently and timely.
Communication - Communicate clearly and effectively with mutual respect, understanding and trust to fellow associates, managers, supervisors and guests. Listen carefully to opinions and views of others; state understanding of what has been heard.
Initiative - Contribute new ideas and suggestions to enhance productivity and efficiency. Be proactive in troubleshooting problems or issues and take action to mitigate potential problems.
Adaptability & Planning - Possess the ability to learn new tasks and adjusts well to new situations. Perform well under tight time schedules and pressures to change direction quickly.
Service Orientation - Demonstrates a sense of urgency. Is welcoming, friendly and smiles when visible to guests.
This position will work out of the Gas South District Convention Center, but can travel to other venues within the Gas South District. The Sous Chef will be in and out of kitchens and event venues with shifts having long periods of standing, walking, and moving equipment and/or food product.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing, moving throughout a kitchen and venue, bending, lifting, and reaching.
- Ability to perform physical tasks; such as but not limited to, lifting approx. 40 lbs.
Position Salary & Benefits:
- The salary range is $50,000-$60,000/year
- Benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, life, 401k, short & long term disability, and HSA opportunities
Proof of the Pudding and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and employing a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, s ex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected characteristics.