Company Overview: Skyhawks Sports Academy is a leading provider of youth sports programs that aim to inspire and empower children through physical activity and sports education. Our mission is to foster a love for sports, promote teamwork, and instill essential life skills in young participants. We offer a wide range of sports camps and programs to children across various communities, providing them with the opportunity to learn, grow, and have fun.
Position Summary: We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Sports Education Intern for the Fall 2023 semester. The ideal candidate will be pursuing a degree in Physical Education, Elementary Education, or a related field and have a passion for working with children. The Sports Education Intern will be responsible for coaching children's sports camps, creating innovative educational curriculum with a sports connection, and participating in the full curriculum development process, which includes planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Curriculum Development: Design a comprehensive educational curriculum that integrates sports-related themes and connects to a subject matter (e.g., STEM, Technology, etc.) of your choosing. The curriculum should be age-appropriate, interactive, and aim to educate children while promoting physical activity and sports engagement.
- Coaching Sports Camps: Engage with children aged 3-12 in various sports camps for a minimum of 5 hours per week over 8 weeks. Provide clear instruction, demonstrate techniques, and foster a positive and inclusive environment that encourages participation, skill development, and sportsmanship.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other staff members to ensure smooth program operations, share ideas, and contribute to a positive team environment.
Planning Phase: Conduct research and gather resources to formulate your curriculum outline. Define learning objectives, create lesson plans, and develop engaging activities that align with the educational goals and sports-based theme.
Implementation Phase: Facilitate the curriculum with children during designated camp sessions. Observe how participants respond to the activities, make necessary adjustments to the curriculum in real-time, and ensure the overall success of the program.
Evaluation Phase: Assess the effectiveness of the developed curriculum by collecting feedback from camp participants, parents, and fellow coaches. Analyze the results and identify areas for improvement, highlighting both successful aspects and potential modifications.
- Current enrollment in a degree program related to Physical Education, Elementary Education, or a related field.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, or working with children is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan, execute, and evaluate curriculum effectively.
- Enthusiasm for sports, physical activity, and educating children in a fun and engaging manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with children, parents, and colleagues.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate camp hours, which may include weekends or evenings.
- Must be 18 years old, have a valid drivers license, and a vehicle to drive to camps.
Job Type: Internship
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.