Nerd Street Gamers provides an opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports competitions, and they also are home to a community of like minded amateur competitors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work cross-functionally with Event Manager and internal departments to identify and execute event venue needs and ensure flawless execution
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all colleagues, vendors, and guests
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging challenges on the event day
- Arrange event room setup and breakdown including all needs for seating, staging, food/beverage, etc.
- Assist with project timelines and budgets
- Staff events and coordinate all event rundowns and activities
- Gain full-knowledge of event space layout, capabilities, as well as functional details and storage locations of all event assets
- Provide post event feedback/reporting and improvement areas to the remainder of the events team
- Assist in large team projects and own small projects as needed
- Research event industry and identify opportunities for innovation and creativity
- Insure compliance with all insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Communication, Event Management, Marketing , etc. or 1+ years relevant experience
- Esports experience a plus
- Ability to work across various levels of the organization while building trust and fostering collaboration
- A desire to be hands-on, not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on event needs; evenings and weekends
- Excellent customer service and with the ability to proactively address colleague and/or customer
- Excellent eye for detail, organized, thorough and a creative thinker and problem solver
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership roles; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.